Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 10:57 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I don't think it's a deliberate conspiracy but it's no secret that about 90% of journalists are democrats/liberals. They're all for diversity, as long as it's not political diversity.
These are two VERYYYYYY different points. Did you even read the post I was replying to?

Bias in the media is not what is being discussed...this is conspiracy level BS that's being pushed. As if all of the media is "in on it". I agree that their biases may have blinded them to many things that they missed - and their data models were WAAAAY off (embarassingly off in many cases). But bad data and having inherent biases is not the same thing as what I was replying to.

Please don't confuse the two points.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:58 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I'll ignore your "plantation" argument, it's really too retarded to spend anymore time on.

But I'll give you that we do not really know if Trump is indeed a racist, even if he is paying thousands of minorities a good wage so they can live their lives, but IMO it's hard to argue that point based on the evidence we do know. It's certainly not without doubt that someone can say it nonchalantly and not look like a complete fool while doing so.

In fact, there is far more evidence Hillary is racist based on 1990s views on black criminals. That seemed very tinged with racism to me.
Well I guess Marge Schott wasn't racist because how good black baseball players were paid....

I don't really care who you think is more racist, it was simply about your argument that because Trumps companies employ minorities that automatically prevents him from being racist. Just terrible reasoning there.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:01 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well I guess Marge Schott wasn't racist because how good black baseball players were paid....

I don't really care who you think is more racist, it was simply about your argument that because Trumps companies employ minorities that automatically prevents him from being racist. Just terrible reasoning there.
Umm no, Marge Schott was ACTUALLY racist because she collected Nazi memorabilia and called Jews "sneaky" and black ball players "rich ******s". There's clear evidence that Marge Schott was indeed racist.

AFAIK, Trump has never ever been accused by anyone close to him of saying such terrible things. So accusing him of being racist is just a childish attack born out of ignorance IMO.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 1,861 times
Quote:
I never said he's doing it "out of the goodness" of his heart, but if he was a true "racist" it would be very easy for him to not hire muslims, blacks, and other minorities he supposedly hates. I employ 70+ people at my company, I can't overtly say "I'm not hiring you because you're wearing a hijab" but I could easily say "not qualified for the position" (if I was a racist, I actually employ 4 Muslims at my own company).

Employment is a voluntary contract between worker and employer. The worker agrees to accept a pay rate in return for their labor and skills. That's why comparing legal employment to a slave plantation is retarded. It's not the same concept at all.

Also, when you say "greater benefit" [for Trump], what you really mean is "higher compensation", and what's wrong with that? Trump's the guy who put up all of his capital for risk. Have you ever tried to start a business? (let's skip that, we know the answer is no)

There's a huge (yuuuggge) risk when putting up one's own capital to fund a business venture. For that risk, Trump is properly compensated, and for their labor, the worker is compensated. If the worker wants to get the type of compensation Trump is getting, then they can get together $150,000,000, build a team, and hire workers to build a 5 star resort that people will want to go to and spend money at. But that worker also takes all the risk of possibly losing $150,000,000 and going bust. Not everyone is cut out for entrepreneurship. It's not easy.

But hey, this isn't business 101, and I'm not your daddy, so go ahead and keep comparing modern day employment to "plantation labor". But doing so makes you appear to be a complete fool. Understand that.
You're bragging about low skill wage labor workers as if it's some big cumbaya that he's employing them. Nobody else wants to clean hotel rooms and do those jobs. Who typically does those jobs? You think he'll find a bunch of White Americans to do them? He has little to no people of color in high position positions in his businesses. Of course you'd prefer non whites cleaning the floors and paying them a low wage.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:06 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:
Yeah, Trump only became racist once he decided to run against your savior Hillary. Let's forget the fact that he has employed thousands of latinos, blacks, and muslims, put a paycheck in their pocket every month, and helped support all of their children, and other family members.

Oh wait, that doesn't fit into your race baiting agenda.
Trump engaged in racist renting policies in the 70's and had to pay a civil settlement
David duke considers this election the greatest victory of the white nationalist movement.david duke does not support trump for no reason

Old 11-10-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Umm no, Marge Schott was ACTUALLY racist because she collected Nazi memorabilia and called Jews "sneaky" and black ball players "rich ******s". There's clear evidence that Marge Schott was indeed racist.

AFAIK, Trump has never ever been accused by anyone close to him of saying such terrible things. So accusing him of being racist is just a childish attack born out of ignorance IMO.
But she provided black families with food, shelter, housing, etc... therefore using your logic she is not racist because she did those things.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:19 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
But she provided black families with food, shelter, housing, etc... therefore using your logic she is not racist because she did those things.
Yes she also called them "******s". There is that little detail that you seem to keep forgetting.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:25 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:
Yes she also called them "******s". There is that little detail that you seem to keep forgetting.
So using profane and racists language makes you racist? You can engage in illegal hiring and rental policies against people of color as long as you don't use the n word ?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:30 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,366,715 times
"Yes she also called them "******s"." Got that on tape do you ? Anybody ?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I'm not forgetting it but it shows even if someone is truly racist, which she arguably is, they still will hire minorities if they can benefit from them which you claimed they wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland