Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 PM

882 posts, read 688,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How will he handle China? I kinda think we got a sneak preview when he decided to have a friendly chat with Taiwan. IOW, he has no idea what he's doing, he's just winging it. China's mad as hell, while Trumpty-Dumpty is clueless.
China's mad as hell, huh? Says who?

Fox, MSNBC, Huff Post, NY Times, WAPO? It's really sad that people let themselves be steered by one sided media BS and all the fake news that's out there. Sorry, but everything isn't a firestorm just because Liberals or the media say it is.

From what I can see, their response up until this point has been rather muted, mostly blaming Taiwan. And yes, they lodged a protest, which will be about as effective as a manager in baseball issuing a protest of an umpire's call. But do share all the information you have about them being "mad as hell" and any threats that you know of.

To my knowledge, the U.S. still provides a military umbrella under a 1979 law requiring America to defend Taiwan from a Chinese attack. The U.S. called in two aircraft carrier battle groups to support the island during a dust-up with China in 1996 and has provided $18 billion in arms since 2008.

President Barack Obama also announced a $1.8 billion arms sale to Taiwan in 2015, drawing protests from Beijing.

Of course, it sounds like you'd like Trump to bow down to them like Obama did (an absolute embarrassment for a President of the one of the greatest powers in the world to do that).

The fact that a simple courtesy call caused so much trepidation and genuflections to past protocol just shows how absurd U.S.-China policy has become.

China is an abuser that keeps everyone in awe and fear. The fact that Trump is willing to take even this small stance to let them know that the U.S. isn't going to kowtow to them tells me his election was well deserved.

This is a very asymmetrical stance: on the one side, you have China, bullying everybody else in the region and even afar. That's OK. On the other hand you have the West trembling before China and measuring each step carefully not to annoy it. And when someone does what's right and takes a stand, it's like Armageddon and this big scandal (at least based on the biased media that we have in this country).

Where is it right that China abuses its neighbors and always backs its menaces with implied military force, as if it cared nothing for peace, and others are not allowed to even mark their preferences?

In addition, China has done absolutely nothing to aid us against the nut job in North Korea that wants to nuke us. Any comments to that?

Last I checked, China's economy is export dependent and beholden to U.S. consumption. I hardly think China is going to make a big deal over a freaking phone call.

Please stop overreacting.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
They're something alright, completely within your imagination. I never compared the "US government" to Nazi Germany, but you knew that and we're attempting to be dishonest (like most people who have no argument).

Globalist (which is what I actually said) and Nazis share the same core values, absolutely.
And your picture of Obama was not meant to imply that the US government isn't "globalist"? What was the point of that then? Just to troll?

Please be consistent in your arguments.

I notice you have no reply to any of my other points. I'll take to mean that you agree? Great!

Old 12-07-2016, 02:55 PM

882 posts, read 688,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
Look at it now.
Yeah, amazing isn't it. Go back to the start of this thread and look at all the posters claiming the market would completely collapse. I personally think we are due for a recession simply because recoveries don't typically exceed 10 years (most run their course in 7-10 years). Economy don't go in a straight line up. And although I'm not going to get too excited about the day-to-day gyrations of the market, should we go into a recession, I'm sure they'll be plenty of Libs saying "I told you so". Even though the likelihood of a recession was pretty good regardless of who won the Presidential election.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:57 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
And your picture of Obama was not meant to imply that the US government isn't "globalist"? What was the point of that then? Just to troll?

Please be consistent in your arguments.

I notice you have no reply to any of my other points. I'll take to mean that you agree? Great!
Obama is "the US Government" in totality? Did you skip basic Civics and Government in K-12? There is a lot more to the "US Government" than the POTUS.

Who's trolling again?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Obama is "the US Government" in totality? Did you skip basic Civics and Government in K-12? There is a lot more to the "US Government" than the POTUS.
OK - then what the hell are you trying to say here? You definitely implied that the US government had a "globalist" view - and with the election of Trump, this has signaled a turn on that view.

I don't disagree with you, I think people in this country are turning on that mindset (although, I think it's a bit misplaced and am skeptical that it's the right thing to even be worried about since there are other greater risks, and I'm skeptical that it's actually a belief held by the majority of the country).

Quote:
Who's trolling again?
Google is your friend.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 12-07-2016 at 03:06 PM..

Old 12-07-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
I hardly think China is going to make a big deal over a freaking phone call.

Please stop overreacting.
You're trying to reason with the same people who clapped and applauded when Obama tried to make friendly with Castro before he croaked, yet get bent out of shape when Trump takes a call from a democratically elected leader of a sovereign nation.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
You're trying to reason with the same people who clapped and applauded when Obama tried to make friendly with Castro before he croaked, yet get bent out of shape when Trump takes a call from a democratically elected leader of a sovereign nation.
I had no problem with Trump's phone call to Taiwan - even support it (it's ridiculous we don't recognize them as their own sovereign nation).

I do wish he'd be a bit less "shoot from the hip" in his international dealings, though - as I do worry about the implications of some of these "I'll do and say what I want" movements down the line.

Please stop grouping everyone who doesn't agree with you on something into some larger bin (man, dem "libs"!!!). I could easily dismiss everything you say because you probably line up with plenty of crazy a-holes elsewhere, but I give you benefit of the doubt and actually try to have discussions with you (and don't assume anything on your beliefs).

You should try it out sometime.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
OK - then what the hell are you trying to say here?

Google is your friend.
Geez, okay, let me break it down like I would for the young kids in my family.

Obama, Merkel, Cameron = Globalists

US Government = Three major branches of government consisting of elected and appointed offices and positions including POTUS but not solely consisting of POTUS, and various tertiary branches with appointed offices.

You see how those are not necessarily one in the same? Do you see how saying "Obama" is the "US Government" is totally illogical if you have a basic understanding of the constitutional republic that the US currently is?

Hope that helps. I actually charge for tutoring and my time is valuable.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Geez, okay, let me break it down like I would for the young kids in my family.

Obama, Merkel, Cameron = Globalists

US Government = Three major branches of government consisting of elected and appointed offices and positions including POTUS but not solely consisting of POTUS, and various tertiary branches with appointed offices.

You see how those are not necessarily one in the same? Do you see how saying "Obama" is the "US Government" is totally illogical if you have a basic understanding of the constitutional republic that the US currently is?

Hope that helps. I actually charge for tutoring and my time is valuable.
See above. Or here:
Quote:
OK - then what the hell are you trying to say here? You definitely implied that the US government had a "globalist" view - and with the election of Trump, this has signaled a turn on that view.

I don't disagree with you, I think people in this country are turning on that mindset (although, I think it's a bit misplaced and am skeptical that it's the right thing to even be worried about since there are other greater risks, and I'm skeptical that it's actually a belief held by the majority of the country).

I'd also argue that the majority of the US government is very globalist in their mindset. And has been for a very long time (both Democratic and Republican governments for the last few decades).

Or do you not remember how controversial Trump's (or Bernie Sander's, for that matter) candidacy was?

Quote:
I actually charge for tutoring and my time is valuable.
You sure seem to waste a lot of that valuable time here.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
See above. Or here:

I'd also argue that the majority of the US government is very globalist in their mindset. Or do you not remember how controversial Trump's (or Bernie Sander's, for that matter) candidacy was?
I'm not denying the majority of the US Government from 2008 - 2014 was very globalist leaning.

That has fortunately changed very dramatically in the past 24 months and actually since 2008 Democrats have lost over 1000 elected and appointed seats in the US Government.

People care about borders. People care about culture. Democrats don't understand that for some odd reason, and it's cost them dearly in the past 2 years. The Democrat party is barely a national party at this point and you can place the blame squarely at the feet of globalist like Obama.

Like I said, this is a rejection of globalism. A rejection of your political party. It's not too late to get on the winning team, Amazon has MAGA hats on sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland