Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2019, 05:54 PM

1,336 posts, read 928,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Per the U.S. Dept. of Housing, homelessness rose in Arizona over 10% (5th largest increase in the country, in fact). In addition, 40% are unsheltered (in sweltering heat). I don’t understand how someone who lives in another state with a homeless crisis of its own can be so focused on California/SF.
10% of nothing... is well... 10% of nothing. I exaggerate, but only slightly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 06:58 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
10% of nothing... is well... 10% of nothing. I exaggerate, but only slightly.
Excuse me for interrupting your fantasy ... but there are about 10,000 homeless in AZ. 10,000 is “slightly more than nothing”?

The Bay Area, Washington state and AZ each have about the same total populations ... between 7 and 7.5 million residents. AZ homeless is about ½ the rate of Bay Area’s and Washington’s. But, considering those two are among the very top 5 of the nation’s worst I think you need to recalibrate your definition of “slightly more than nothing.”

Old 06-04-2019, 08:56 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hi Blake ... always good to see you back.

1. Washington Post has a wall full of Pulitzers largely because of it’s excellent investigative journalism history
Glad you pointed out the key word "history", as in ancient history. The current Washington Post is an embarrassment to all journalism and is basically the left's analogue to Breitbart News

Old 06-04-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Excuse me for interrupting your fantasy ... but there are about 10,000 homeless in AZ. 10,000 is “slightly more than nothing”?

The Bay Area, Washington state and AZ each have about the same total populations ... between 7 and 7.5 million residents. AZ homeless is about ½ the rate of Bay Area’s and Washington’s. But, considering those two are among the very top 5 of the nation’s worst I think you need to recalibrate your definition of “slightly more than nothing.”
I thought that was you I saw out there counting homeless yesterday.
You can throw out your choice of statistics, but just by direct observation, the homeless rate is vastly less than LA/SD/SF.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Glad you pointed out the key word "history", as in ancient history. The current Washington Post is an embarrassment to all journalism and is basically the left's analogue to Breitbart News
Laughable comparison. Even you don’t believe what you just wrote.

The WaPo is, and has been for a very long time, rated as “Left-Center” editorially. Investigative news reporting remains excellent. The fact they choose left-center issues to focus on means their news coverages are quantifiably skewed while their own editorial opinion is left-center ... but that doesn’t change the integrity of the reporting of those issues ... just the amount of coverage devoted to them in relation to issues the conservative leaning media want covered.

WaPo is approximately tied with NBC for trustworthiness and fairness of coverage. It ranks pretty well on scale where Breitbart (and FOX) rank as the most extreme right of all media. Not even close.

Here is a media bias summary from a neutral source:
https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

Now, do you have more to contribute on topic, or not?

Old 06-04-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I thought that was you I saw out there counting homeless yesterday.
You can throw out your choice of statistics, but just by direct observation, the homeless rate is vastly less than LA/SD/SF.
Guess why “direct observation” by anonymous ideologues isn’t considered acceptable by science.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:43 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Laughable comparison. Even you don’t believe what you just wrote.
No it's right on point, the current Washington Post owned by Jeff Bezos has no objectivity and is militantly anti-Trump to the exclusion of any inconvenient facts that don't support their campaign. Just one of many:

https://www.investors.com/politics/c...o-a-new-level/

Old 06-04-2019, 09:43 AM

Guess why "direct observation" by biased ostriches isn't considered acceptable by anyone.

I work in high tech, and let me tell you, engineers who work in the abstract and are convinced by their quantitative analysis, are so far away from reality when the technology hits the real world. A little 'direct observation' goes a long, long way.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Guess why "direct observation" by biased ostriches isn't considered acceptable by anyone.

I work in high tech, and let me tell you, engineers who work in the abstract and are convinced by their quantitative analysis, are so far away from reality when the technology hits the real world. A little 'direct observation' goes a long, long way.
“Biased ostriches”? Lmao. Perfect self-portrait veritased!

Again, “direct observation” by ideologically biased ostriches is not acceptable by ANY science or policy study professionals. You’ve just laid another giant egg.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No it's right on point, the current Washington Post owned by Jeff Bezos has no objectivity and is militantly anti-Trump to the exclusion of any inconvenient facts that don't support their campaign. Just one of many:

https://www.investors.com/politics/c...o-a-new-level/
Lmfao. Blake, you just linked an ‘opinion commentary’ piece to justify your bias? Too funny.

Get back on topic bub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland