Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 08:58 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here's what Robert Stark says when he thinks he has a sympathetic audience:

"As bad as democrats are at very least in the short term they can be used as a vehicle to make material demands such as more direct stimulus checks and student loan debt relief that would benefit middle class white millennials.."
https://twitter.com/pompilivs/status...655299/photo/1

"As for barriers to pluralism and pan-enclavism, the most likely opposition would be from those who are economically and politically invested in institutional power and maintaining mass society as well. Non-whites which are already tribal would probably agree to some kind of pluralist arrangement as long as their material needs are met"
https://twitter.com/pompilivs/status...655299/photo/2

It looks like Robert Stark's racist motives become public when he is appealing to a sympathetic audience.

"Disappointing to see
@NewAtlantisSun
link to this delusion by Robert Stark about some melting pot of "tribal pluralism" and power-sharing where everyone is supposedly going to stay in their enclave while the Dems shower everyone with stimulus checks."

https://twitter.com/pompilivs/status...19747449655299

The Twitter link you posted is some random right-winger bashing Robert Stark for being too pluralist and willing to make concessions to the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 10:05 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
"Disappointing to see
@NewAtlantisSun
link to this delusion by Robert Stark about some melting pot of "tribal pluralism" and power-sharing where everyone is supposedly going to stay in their enclave while the Dems shower everyone with stimulus checks."

https://twitter.com/pompilivs/status...19747449655299

The Twitter link you posted is some random right-winger bashing Robert Stark for being too pluralist and willing to make concessions to the left.
Are you claiming that he didn't say those things? And Robert Stark doesn't seem like someone a righty would bash, he sure has no love for democrats as evidenced by his statement: "As bad as democrats are"

Old 08-03-2022, 10:35 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Are you claiming that he didn't say those things? And Robert Stark doesn't seem like someone a righty would bash, he sure has no love for democrats as evidenced by his statement: "As bad as democrats are"
Btw, I suspect there's an alias in play here (as Tulemutt has hinted at a myriad of times). Admittedly, it's an easy way to get some hits to a website or blog.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:06 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Btw, I suspect there's an alias in play here (as Tulemutt has hinted at a myriad of times). Admittedly, it's an easy way to get some hits to a website or blog.
You may be right...

Old 08-07-2022, 12:10 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I don't think anyone wants to make enclaves mandatory but it is an interesting trend. The blogger Pilleater is advocating enclaves for people who are both White and Asian.

"My friend Pilleater has advocated for an identity politics that is a fusion of both Europeans and Asians. This sounds like silly meme culture, but relates to the trend of ethnogenesis where two or more groups merge together creating a new identity. There is a growing Eurasian population in the Bay Area and this ideal serves as a positive alternative to deracinated, rootless cosmopolitanism."

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/a...of-july-in-the

I believe it is true, yes, that older California suburbs are majority white, while new developments are much more diverse. We live in a part of suburban San Diego that has older and newer homes, and the older part is extremely white, while our area is extremely diverse. It doesn't really affect anything, everyone gets along, but I'm grateful to have tons of great Indian and Asian markets nearby.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:29 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
People are free to talk about anything they want. Asking a question as to the relevance of race as it applies to a particular situation is fair game. And the question has yet to be answered. And everything you just mentioned are assumptions you've made that have nothing to do with my question or anything I said.
Well then I don’t understand the point you are trying to make or what you are trying to accomplish.
I guess my assumptions were based on how you presented your thoughts. Maybe organize them better?

Old 08-09-2022, 12:56 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Old 08-09-2022, 02:25 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Well then I don’t understand the point you are trying to make or what you are trying to accomplish.
I guess my assumptions were based on how you presented your thoughts. Maybe organize them better?
There actually wasn't much too it or any reason you should be confused. It was a simple question....why does it matter? Both you and Ceecee instantly went into a myriad of assumptions which were completely unnecessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland