Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:57 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Zero people died in the riots in Oakland.

One person died in the BART shooting.

You lose.
Umm, 4 police officers died in retaliatory actions by the citizenry. It was the worst single day killing of law enforcement in Bay Area history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Umm, 4 police officers died in retaliatory actions by the citizenry. It was the worst single day killing of law enforcement in Bay Area history.
the citizenry? you mean it was an deliberate, orchestrated ambush by a large contingency of citizens(which is in your case is a euphamism for BLACK people).

Once again, the troll tries to bait...*yawns*

Its so funny how you try so hard to do this in every thread.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 PM

902 posts, read 2,788,876 times
Quote:
It is odd that you bring that up. That shooting had nothing to do with Oscar Grant. It was a completely unrelated incident.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Actually it had everything to do with Oscar Grant. The perp was heard saying he "didn't want to get it like Oscar", and refused to throw down his weapon under barricade. You know the Oakland Police were trying to serve a warrant right?

He didn't trust the justice system and therefore chose to fight instead of go peacefully. This was all discussed on NPR!

Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
It's disgusting reading the comments on SF gate relating to this story, too many people think Grant deserved death because they figure he was a worthless thug. Racist scum.

So why is it if someone thinks poor Oscar Grant deserved death it is because they are racist?

Why is it you assume that race is the factor and not something else?

I don't know, it just seems so easy to always blame race instead of other factors. He was part of a crowd that was intimidating passengers enough that they called the cops on him and his friends.

By the way, I think the cop did do it, but as for on purpose? I don't know, because you never what what is in someone's mind. Accident or not, he should have to pay for it.
They were committing a crime, that seems like a reason. Maybe not a good one, but it is another factor.
They were resisting arrest and it became a chaotic situation from the video evidence I have seen. That is another possible reason people are not on Oscar's side.

I just don't think people always have to dumb it down to race.

I have been kicked out of a few places for intimidating others, but never once have I resisted arrest or attempted to do anything other than obey the cops (and rent a coppers) when the victims *i use this term loosely* cried to them.

I understand and respected the law, even while I was breaking it.

I don't know what that cop was thinking. I have a hard time believing he thought he could get away with it. Regardless of accident or not, he should have to pay for it, just like any of us would if we accidentally shot someone and they died.

Last edited by Taboo2; 06-10-2010 at 01:01 PM..

Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM

282 posts, read 382,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
So why is it if someone thinks poor Oscar Grant deserved death it is because they are racist?

Why is it you assume that race is the factor and not something else?

I don't know, it just seems so easy to always blame race instead of other factors. He was part of a crowd that was intimidating passengers enough that they called the cops on him and his friends.

They were committing a crime, that seems like a reason. Maybe not a good one, but it is another factor.
They were resisting arrest and it became a chaotic situation from the video evidence I have seen. That is another possible reason people are not on Oscar's side.

I just don't think people always have to dumb it down to race.

I have been kicked out of a few places for intimidating others, but never once have I resisted arrest or attempted to do anything other than obey the cops (and rent a coppers) when the victims *i use this term loosely* cried to them.

I understand and respected the law, even while I was breaking it.
So you're defending idiots who think he deserved death. You too are a moron.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 PM

He didn't say he deserved death. That wasn't the point at all. You missed it completely like you always do.

He's pointing out that if Oscar Grant was a white dude who was on a public train threatening people, he would've gotten thrown on the floor by the cops just like Oscar and his buddies.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
He didn't say he deserved death. That wasn't the point at all. You missed it completely like you always do.

He's pointing out that if Oscar Grant was a white dude who was on a public train threatening people, he would've gotten thrown on the floor by the cops just like Oscar and his buddies.
Hey idiot, I'm talking about the comments on SF gate like, "Typical black boy, behaving like Blacks do, Good riddance". Pot, kettle, black. You of all people talking about missing points. Get a life you xenophobic psycho, why are you even on these forums in the first place? Again it's rhetorical, it's because you have no life.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 PM

That's someone's opinion, if they choose to express it, that's their right. Are you that insecure in who you are that you take comments on "SFGate" to heart?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
That's someone's opinion, if they choose to express it, that's their right. Are you that insecure in who you are that you take comments on "SFGate" to heart?
Missing the whole point AGAIN. The only one insecure is the loser (you) who spends every day on a forum where he has never been, trolling for arguments about the same thing over and over like a nut job. Which you are by the way, it's apparent. You enjoy giggling from your rat infested apartment at people reacting to you. You are the prototype of a socially awkward freak that killed animals as a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland