Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 06:07 PM

112 posts, read 279,918 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a house on this road and was wondering if its a busy street, like a road people take to get off the highway to get somewhere quicker or whatnot. Its a nice home that i like but it seems its going to be a busy road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,852,200 times
where on it?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM

112 posts, read 279,918 times
Hard to explain, close to summit road. As your going north up highway 17 i believe theres a turn off to old santa cruz hw and you travel a mile or so and the house is in that area

Old 04-21-2012, 08:36 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,852,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalRescue View Post
Hard to explain, close to summit road. As your going north up highway 17 i believe theres a turn off to old santa cruz hw and you travel a mile or so and the house is in that area

People who live in parts of Santa Cruz county (say in Soquel or Aptos, etc. or points south) and who want to avoid HWY 1 and most of HWY17 will use Old San Jose rd. (which runs begins in Soquel) and then connect up with Summit Rd.
So during the a.m. commute they'll get onto Old San Jose Rd. in Soquel, then they'll go left on Summit and ultimately run into the last part of HWY17 and head down into San Jose, etc. and then visa-versa in the evening.
I used to live right off Old San Jose Rd. and during commuter times it was kinda busy but during non-commuter times, not at all and the same goes for Summit.
It's just my impression that Old Santa Cruz HWY isn't used that much but i could be totally wrong about that. I think that it may be safe to say that if it is used it's only during commuter times. I've always been under the impression that it's kind of a defunct rd and basically only used by people who live on it or off of it.
See if anyone who really knows for sure comes along.
I don't know where you are now or if it's practical but you could go over to the property on Monday or sometime during the week and during the evening commute and check it out.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
Not sure if your house is in Santa Clara or Santa Cruz county, but the road departments of each of those counties probably knows the average daily traffic counts.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
it's kind of a defunct rd and basically only used by people who live on it or off of it.
That's pretty much it, unless everybody's avoiding a Hwy 17 accident/closure. Not as much of a commute road as Bear Creek on the other side of the highway.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
it's kind of a defunct rd and basically only used by people who live on it or off of it.
That's pretty much it, unless everybody's avoiding a Hwy 17 accident/closure. Not as much of a commute road as Bear Creek on the other side of the highway.

Been visiting a friend weekly who moved to Chemeketa Park next to Lexington Reservoir. Sounds like OP is right there. Using Old Santa Cruz Hwy in the morning is a nice way to start the morning before entering 17 down by the reservoir - might get by a crash or two, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose