Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:24 PM

69 posts, read 448,628 times

Advertisements

I saw this question posted for L.A and I wanted to see it for this area as well. How is this city for a single man in his 20s? By this I mean living and opportunities to meet new people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,580,646 times
Probably not that great. I'm sure you could meet people, but the singles seen isn't as good here as say San Francisco. Mostly families here. We do have San Jose State and Santa Clara U. I haven't heard much about the seen around there though. San Jose wouldn't top my list of where to live if single.

Boston
Chicago
SF
L.A
Denver
Dallas
NY

Old 05-17-2007, 07:02 AM

San Francisco has a better single scene? I would have never guessed that, what makes it different there?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:59 PM

14 posts, read 112,560 times
Uh... San Fransisco is great if you're rich or gay... and you have to drive a nice car and wear spiffy clothes. Don't get me wrong, San Fransisco is my favorite city in the US, but for vacationing with my girlfriend ... You gotta be rico suave to pick up honeys there methinks. I could be wrong, that's just how it seems to me.

Living near San Jose St. is all right (my brother lives in that neighborhood right now). There are quite a few hotties, but it's kinda hard to find a great spot to meet them. There are a few good dance clubs if you can salsa dance... that's always a good in for meeting the ladies.

Santa Cruz is a great college town 20-30 minutes away from San Jose and is filled with bored, ecstacy popping, weed smoking co-eds. It's really easy to pick up the girls at the local bars and everyone is really casual and friendly. I would consider visiting there often if you want some good action with some beautiful girls.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruzIsMyHome View Post
Uh... San Fransisco is great if you're rich or gay... and you have to drive a nice car and wear spiffy clothes. Don't get me wrong, San Fransisco is my favorite city in the US, but for vacationing with my girlfriend ... You gotta be rico suave to pick up honeys there methinks. I could be wrong, that's just how it seems to me.

Living near San Jose St. is all right (my brother lives in that neighborhood right now). There are quite a few hotties, but it's kinda hard to find a great spot to meet them. There are a few good dance clubs if you can salsa dance... that's always a good in for meeting the ladies.

Santa Cruz is a great college town 20-30 minutes away from San Jose and is filled with bored, ecstacy popping, weed smoking co-eds. It's really easy to pick up the girls at the local bars and everyone is really casual and friendly. I would consider visiting there often if you want some good action with some beautiful girls.
Thanks for the advice, i'll keep it in mind :-)

Old 05-25-2007, 06:38 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,580,646 times
The reason San Fran is better than San Jose in that respect, is that San Jo is more of a family friendly suburban place. I think Santa Cruz would actually be your best bet. San Fran can be extremely materialistic, and if you ain't rich, the next man is. Guess who gets the girl in this scenario?? In Cali nice guys do finish last...

Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 PM

10 posts, read 47,092 times
Default San Jose seriously sucks balls

If your single, have an OUNCE of game, like good looking women, and have confidence. DO NOT live in San Jose. Believe me, from my own experience. I've ran through a TON of women out here and its the same thing over and over. Horrible sex and they are not that hot, BUT they act like they are 10's. And the UBER sexy chicks know how hot they are and to get them you need a billion dollars.

San Jose is a family/tech nerd type of town. Its horrible, I went to Los Angeles for New Years 06' and almost lost my mind it was so fun! I actually am planning on moving to San Diego in May. Let me paint the picture for you. Just imagine some Super Dork God made a utopia where all the nerds you knew from high school made tons of money and thought they were the ****. Thats San Jose/Silicon Valley.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:51 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,346,364 times
There you have it. The downside to this place is that self-alleged "pimpz" can't go "spittin game" at the "fly honeyz." What a pity.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
any place on the coast is a great place to be single, it conserves assets.
you will get to meet a lot of new friends in san jose, whether you want to or not.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:13 AM

56 posts, read 250,118 times
In frisco you gotta dress fly and talk sharp dude.
Look the part!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose