Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:47 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times

Advertisements

id have to agree with most of what im seeing posted in this thread...
and after not living in the area for several years,only to reciently return(not for long...)you rreeaallllyy notice it more...
not that its such a bad place...just not a good place to meet other singles...especially if you are'nt the overly materialistic type...which while you have that anywhere,its become quite obvious here...
another thing,..which was mentioned before,while you have a few nice bars..san jo really doesn't have much of a night life...and thats kindv sad cuz other areas like kansas city have a pretty decient one...unless that has changed since i lived there..?..
as for santa cruz...definately more laid back..just not as nice as some other beach communities across the country...
and as far as san jo being a geeks paridise..lol..yeah, definately notice that...kindv funny if you think about it...maybe thats why there isnt much emphisis on providing more entertainment options..for the rest of the single crowd.. gotta get up early ya kno...sci fi conventions in town...
i will say that eventually...you will meet someone who is single,doin alright,isn't wrapped up in themselves..and their belongings..who is'nt a trekkie...and i'll betcha,they're new to town....who'ed of thought..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 01:20 AM

24 posts, read 122,765 times
Hey I met my husband while living in SJ.

ETA: Really I think any place is what you make of it. There are lots of opportunities to meet people regardless of where you live.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:44 PM

10 posts, read 47,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
There you have it. The downside to this place is that self-alleged "pimpz" can't go "spittin game" at the "fly honeyz." What a pity.
At least somebody understands me

Old 04-03-2008, 12:54 PM

47 posts, read 408,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Dreams View Post
Just imagine some Super Dork God made a utopia where all the nerds you knew from high school made tons of money and thought they were the ****. Thats San Jose/Silicon Valley.

LOL. Agreed. A city full of stuck up geeks is far from utopia, avoid San Jose.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 PM

10 posts, read 34,151 times
What about single girls living in San Jose? Are there any hot guys there that aren't players and can dress themselves decently without really caring about designer labels? From like 16-24? Ha ha i'm so picky :]

Old 06-16-2009, 07:40 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiadreamer14 View Post
Ha ha i'm so picky :]
Just don't allow yourself to fall into the 'stuck-up' category that is the stereotype for single women in SJ. Just like uber-geeks, if you insist on going to places where these types congregate, such is what you will face. Not pretty. Opt to go to a wide array of main streets around the area to find your own comfort zone. And avoid the phony idiots who try to live up to the observed stereotypes. We prefer they not be encouraged.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:17 AM

12 posts, read 62,799 times
Michigan_Man....I'm from michigan too and am moving out to san jose!! when are you heading out there?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:14 AM

39 posts, read 132,335 times
i've hung out in san jose, downtown sunnyvale, and campbell... the night life is pretty tame compared to where i'm originally from (baltimore) which is a bit disappointing. everyone is friendly and there are a lot of nice places to kickback, but for the most part zZzZzZzZzZzZz.

also, i agree with the poster who wrote that there are so many chicks thinking they're 10's heheheeheehheh. i'm not a hater, but i've never been to an area where i've heard so many 5/6's talk themselves up as 10's. yikes.

that said, there are a lot of pretty, intelligent women out here so good luck.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:28 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogbeans View Post
i'm not a hater, but i've never been to an area where i've heard so many 5/6's talk themselves up as 10's. yikes.
This is what happens when dorky guys with money awkwardly try to get dates. Those ladies who would normally be wallflowers become princesses, at least in mind.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,392 times
Smile San Jose is BETTER than San Francisco if you are single

As long as you know what to do! I grew up here, and in many ways it is better than San Francisco. Easier to get around, closer to places like Monterey and Santa Cruz. Good food in Japantown, and Taqueria Tlaquepaque has the best Mexican food I've eaten. LESS crowded, and nightlife is good too if you know where to go. While we don't have as much as San Francisco it costs WAY less. Your PARKING in San Francisco can cost more than your tickets to a show here. Plus it seems like every time I try to find something up there using GPS the buildings screw it up. Maybe the only down side of San Jose is that unless you are under 25 there really isn't a great singles dancing scene here. I'm a member of Events and Adventures, which helps me meet other singles more my age (that I didn't go to high school with....). Once you have people to do things with, the rest is easy..

San Jose all the way. I would never want to live anywhere else! (OK, technically my address is Santa Clara, but you know what I mean).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose