Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,995 times

Advertisements

hi how are you doing? I have come here when I was 14 1/2 and I really miss my home sweet home My ROMANIA. oh if you want to email me you can email me at [EMAIL="kevingeorgiana@gmail.com"]kevingeorgiana@gmail.com[/EMAIL] all with small letters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 06:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin & georgiana View Post
hi how are you doing? I have come here when I was 14 1/2 and I really miss my home sweet home My ROMANIA. oh if you want to email me you can email me at kevingeorgiana@gmail.com all with small letters.
Kevin,

I hope you will soon learn to love our country even though it is very different from the home you left. Will you be in NM forever or is this a short term move? By the way, Dana actually started the thread almost a year and 1/2 ago. I am not sure she has even come back. I think many of us would like to know how she is doing now.

Nita

Old 11-18-2009, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,243 times
Default Are you still in New Mexico????

Hello Dana,

My name is Dana too. Do you still live in New Mexico. If you do please let me know ([EMAIL="RUSAVED7@yahoo.com"]RUSAVED7@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]). I am also Romanian and I am looking for other Romanians in the state..

Thank you so much.
Dana

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana7 View Post
I 've lived in Edgewood since April 2008 when I came from Romania to marry the man I love. It is a great change for me and I find it so hard to find my own place here. I left my country, my family, my friends, my job, everything. I am still struggling with the adjustments to my new life fere. People are very nice and friendly especially at church, but I have to be honest... I don't really like here... for many reasons. First, this desert is depresing me... there is not green at all... and ther is so much dust...and dirt....I miss so much my green grass, my vegetable garden... healthy food... I miss to see flowers... I miss taking a bus or a train...Actually I don't have a driver's license which makes my life miserable here. I didn't really need that back home, because in Europe, as you probably know, there are so many possibilities to travel... everywhere. I also don't see people walking... they are so much dependent on their cars...I don't see kids playing outside...the neighbors don't know eachother... it's so sad.... I was shocked when I first came here and found out that my husband lived here for 12 years and doesn's know the neighbors.....I still am...In my little rural town everyone knows everyone... we were like a family... we would visit eachother without the need "to call first"...
I also miss Romanians... I don't know if there are any around... maybe not...but it's so hard to start everything from the beginning... in a completley new world...
I don't really know why I posted this message... maybe hoping to find some of my people... maybe to get an advice about how to adjust easier...

Old 11-19-2009, 04:21 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
I visited Romania on a horse ride in Transylvania about 4 yrs ago. What a fascinating country! Culturally very rich in music, art, history, etc. The language is very interesting. Although I speak a bit of French and Russian, I was unable to learn Romanian. One on one, I thoroughly enjoyed the people. Very nice and helpful. The food was terrific. I guess you are from Bucharest because without a car, I found it impossible to get around Romania. There wasn't even a bus to the real Vlad Dracu's castle. But some nice people gave me a ride. I'd love to return to learn even more about the culture. The museums in Bucharest are excellent. However, I found the young men to be rude, abusive and obviously not very nice to women on the streets and in small villages. I wish you luck in adjusting to American ways.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 PM

28 posts, read 151,611 times
Hello, everyone!
I haven't been here in a long time and I just came back. In the meantime things got better, I am slowly adjusting to this new world...I am involved in my church and community and I made some good friends here. I even got to know some Romanian folks around Albuquerque and meet a few times which was nice. Of course I still miss my country, my family back in Europe, and I find myself in tears once in a while. But I guess I have to learn how to live with that. There are some things and ideas here that I don't like and I won't accept in my life, but on the other hand there are nice things and nice people that I value and welcome in my life.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for your nice words and encouragement!
Blessings to you all!
Dana

Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Dana:

Thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to hear you are adjusting and involved with your surroundings.

Rich

Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Good for you Dana!

Old 10-28-2012, 01:06 PM

27,453 posts, read 1,054,960 times
Default Listening to Romanian radio

www.radiostationworld.com (if no one has mentioned it yet) may have links to Romanian stations that broadcast over the web. Sorry, but I discovered this thread years after the opening post.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniemae View Post
www.radiostationworld.com (if no one has mentioned it yet) may have links to Romanian stations that broadcast over the web. Sorry, but I discovered this thread years after the opening post.
Thanks for posting anyway! That URL above is for the whole world. They do have a page of Romanian Radio Stations you can listen to on the Internet: RadioStationWorld - Romania - Radio Station Websites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe