Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 PM

7 posts, read 29,498 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Maybe Moving to Parrish, don't worry we LOVE the country and cows are nice, I guess LOL...lived in the Bay Area (San Jose, CA) most of my life..packed in like sardines. UGH...so open spaces is like heaven on earth to us...

Just sold the house and passed the home Inspection today.

Was looking at the Foxbrook subdivision in Parrish FL.

If you could Please give me any input negative and/or positive on that, greatly appreciated!

Anxiously await your responses, thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
You should probably contact BBronston (a Realtor) on the board. He knows quite a bit about the Manatee county area.

There are a few others on the board who have some good responses as well. I know DoctorRain lives out that way.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:10 PM

164 posts, read 356,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny5354 View Post
Was looking at the Foxbrook subdivision in Parrish FL.

We looked at Foxbrook last year and there were very nice homes with large lots (some sections of the subdivision are one acre lots and some have 5 acre lots) but it seemed a little barren to me. I know there was someone who used to post on here who lived in Foxbrook and she was very happy there; maybe she will see this thread and respond.

You may also want to check out Twin Rivers which is very close to Foxbrook...off Rye Rd. and Golf Course Rd. Very pretty, large homes (current listings in the $300,000's to over 700,000) on large lots with tons of ponds and conservation areas. Also has nice amenities: playgrounds, trail down to the Manatee River with boat launch/canoes/kayaks and a historic home on the river that they converted to a clubhouse. We found a model home and builder that we loved there and, if our plans to leave Ohio had not fallen through last year, that is where we would be living right now. Just another option for you to check out to compare with Foxbrook.

You will hear plenty of negative comments on this forum about Parrish but this area is away from the town of Parrish and its subdivisons with postage-stamp sized lots. The residents I talked with love the area. Both Foxbrook and TR have several "preferred" builders so the homes are not cookie-cutter. And it's just a short drive to St. Rt. 64 for shopping and on to the Lakewood Ranch area.

Have fun searching for your new home!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,573 times
Sue in Ohio is right.. it gets negativity. Some may like it, many just say how its cheaper, but they don't love it, but its cheap and they raise their kids. That = not a quality of life to me if nobody can clearcut say they love or adore it.

I'd gladly live in the Bay Area (SF), just costly.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:50 AM

166 posts, read 370,220 times
Wow, pleased to see the responses so far, I was expecting to read the usual bashing of Parrish, warnings of CDW, or just miserable people in general that appear to be negative and bash all areas inquired by posters. So about Foxbrook, if you want open area, love horses and cows then you'll like it there. We looked there as well years ago and loved the community. I had friends that lived there and some that still do and they are very happy there! You may also want to check out Twin Rivers as another poster mentioned. I'd also recommend Millcreek off SR64 which has close access to I75 or head south to SR70 and check out Panther Ridge. Another great area if you like slightly older homes on acreage, but close to schools, shppoing, and amenities of LWR, check out Braden Woods off SR70.
Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area