Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:52 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
I have seen weddings taking place at Gilchrest Park, Punta Gorda, FL. They have a gazebo that people get married under and it is looking over the Peace River. It is not too far from North Port. It has sidewalks, a pier, gardens, restrooms, shelters, picnic tables, and four parking lots. You can check it out by going to City of Punta Gorda web site and go to their parks.
TamRE,

That would be a great place for a wedding. Have you gone to any of the Thursday evening concerts they hold there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
My Brother had his at the gazebo in Lashley Park in Punta Gorda.
It's was nice but quite uncomfortable in a suit having an outdoor wedding.

That would be another great place for a wedding! There are so many wonderful places to have weddings around here! And, the weather usually is reliable.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM

490 posts, read 624,215 times
Thanks for all the replies so far. We're looking at several of those possibilities. I can see a wheelchair ramp in one of the photos of the Lashley Park gazebo. The Spanish Point chapel looks great but I'm waiting to hear back from them about accessibility. Anyone know if the gazebo in Gilchrist Park has a ramp?

Old 04-03-2011, 03:24 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
I've never seen that floating chapel but that is really cool! Where are they located? I guess it brings new meaning to getting off to a rocky start. :-)

Old 04-03-2011, 09:55 PM

70 posts, read 217,002 times
We had our wedding on the Floating Chapel as well. Captain Jill and Captain Orca are some of the nicest people we have ever met, and they did an awesome job at making sure everything went smoothly. They are located on US41 a little bit north of University, at the Sara Bay marina. They also have a non-denominational Sunday worship service every Sunday if you want a sneak peek. You can get more information on their website: Weddings On Water -Sarasota Bay Area's Most Unique Beach Wedding Venue I think we paid about $1295 for 25 people, but of course, numbers vary depending on the season, the number of people attending, any extra services you want, etc.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 778 times
does anyone know if the floating chapel in florida is still in business we can not find a contact number to reach them and we want to get married on it

Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen2013 View Post
does anyone know if the floating chapel in florida is still in business we can not find a contact number to reach them and we want to get married on it
Yup, it's docked near my house in fact.

Weddings On Water -Sarasota Bay Area's Most Unique Beach Wedding Venue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area