Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:54 PM

279 posts, read 577,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post

Since Cuban/Puerto Rican foods got mentioned, I will give two solid recommendations for Peruvian:

The Peruvian Grill (Beneva), and Javier's (Siesta Key). Very different, but both very good, really.

sounds good! looking for a place for lunch on our anniversary this week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM

440 posts, read 1,053,045 times
There's a new Peruvian on Fruitville near 301. It's next to The Breakfast House a charming place for breakfast and lunch items. Has anyone been to the new Argentinian restaurant called Milonga? It's on University near Tuttle

Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoOsprey View Post
sounds good! looking for a place for lunch on our anniversary this week
If it is a special occasion, Javier's is a much nicer atmosphere.

Plus, you're only steps from a walk on the beach!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 AM

67 posts, read 159,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoOsprey View Post
my experience at the Venice Mi Pueblo:

DH decided to try the fried jalapeño appetizer. When the server brought it we asked what the dip was and she said "I don't know" and left. It was weird. At least you'd expect "Oh, hmm, I'm not sure...let me go find out for you" if the server didn't know! lol

Then i decided to try something that had spinach in it. Seemed like an interesting twist on a standard dish and I love spinach but when it came, omg it was so unappealing and obviously canned spinach! What restaurant would ever use canned spinach? I couldn't eat it.

It was my only time eating at a Mi Pueblo and while the atmosphere was nice, eating in the courtyard, the food and service were both terrible! We have no reason to ever return.

Are the Mi Pueblo's independently owned? It seems strange that a restaurant that would have an organic and vegan menu at one location would have such low standards at another.
Oh, that is really too bad. I live pretty close to the one on University so I will heed your warning and go to the one closest to me. I hope they are all individually owned

Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccright View Post
Oh, that is really too bad. I live pretty close to the one on University so I will heed your warning and go to the one closest to me. I hope they are all individually owned
I think they might be independently owned, or it might have something to do with the management at each.

I, too, live near the one on University and have never had either bad food or bad service there. Plus, as I said, they do offer organic/vegan in addition to the regular menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area