Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:17 PM

5 posts, read 24,294 times

Advertisements

We plan on relocating to Marco or Parrish this summer. We own a home on Marco but the taxes, insurance and lack of employment make it a tough choice. We like some of the newer homes in the gated communities as they are more affordable than Marco. We do have kids so this has been a tough choice for us nice new home vs old home on island. any insight to the two areas will be helpful.

Ryland homes good or not, taxes in parrish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,729,047 times
Default Try North Port!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhalls View Post
We plan on relocating to Marco or Parrish this summer. We own a home on Marco but the taxes, insurance and lack of employment make it a tough choice. We like some of the newer homes in the gated communities as they are more affordable than Marco. We do have kids so this has been a tough choice for us nice new home vs old home on island. any insight to the two areas will be helpful.

Bradenton- Do NOT move there. Trust me!! Bradenton is going through some problems right now with crime and especially gangs. Not a good enviroment for kids.
Parrish is a VERY rural area. Not that much right now.

I would suggest North Port. It's on the Suncoast, in South Sarasota County. This area sounds like exactly what you want. I would do a search on North Port, see what you find, but from my experiences, I would say North Port for you.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:06 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhalls View Post

Having a home already on Marco puts you a step ahead. If you make it your primary residence you can thake the $25K Homestead exemption on your taxes.

Traffic on Marco is insane in the winter. How old are your kids? There is no high school on Marco so they will be sent to Lely, which has a diverse socio economic mix. Lely High was also branded a "dropout factory" by some study because of the high dropout rate. Marco caters to wealthy retirees and is not kid friendly, in my opinion.

If you move to Marco without a job or a wad of cash, even with a house, it is going to be tough. There are more employment opportunities in Naples but you would still need a good paying job to be able to live on Marco.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,977 times
DO NOT move into copperstone, trust me, you will NOT be happy with the subdivision, Ryland has crappy customer service and the HOA is located in another county and has no clue about whats going on there, for the cost of monthly fee's its not worth it and the street lights do not work, very, very dark on the north end of the community, it's totally unsafe at night

Old 09-26-2010, 01:28 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,330 times
I live in Bradenton in a safe area.. not all of Bradenton is ghetto, We are upper middle working class and are raising our family in Bradenton where my daugther goes to an A rated school. We researched the area for 2 years before buying a house. You really do need to know which areas to look into..
Run the other way from Parrish IMO-was nice, and had potential, but it seems to be going downhill quickly...

Old 09-26-2010, 01:35 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I live in Bradenton in a safe area.. not all of Bradenton is ghetto, We are upper middle working class and are raising our family in Bradenton where my daugther goes to an A rated school. We researched the area for 2 years before buying a house. You really do need to know which areas to look into..
Run the other way from Parrish IMO-was nice, and had potential, but it seems to be going downhill quickly...

Houses are gonna have to get really cheap there before it grows again. If they get too cheap, it may be too tempting for some to refuse. Its still not cheap enough yet. I believe when it does grow, it will get a latino music scene since that will be all thats coming. All the whites here can live in the world they wanna live in in which Parrish is such a wonderful community and will never get overriden with minorities, but fact is that it is terribly flawed and the change to come will be the "bad change" to some of them.

I wish I could say a real charming little town exists here, but I really cant. Maybe bringing in things like breweries or parks can help change it.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:12 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,928,206 times
Why are people answering a post from 2007 and giving the OP advice on where to move? This person hasn't even posted on City-Data in over 2 years.

Actually, I hope for her sake, she didn't move here and buy a house in 2007.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:49 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Why are people answering a post from 2007 and giving the OP advice on where to move? This person hasn't even posted on City-Data in over 2 years.

Actually, I hope for her sake, she didn't move here and buy a house in 2007.
LOL guess the first person to reply didnt notice and the others just followed suit LOL...

Old 09-27-2010, 03:30 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
LOL guess the first person to reply didnt notice and the others just followed suit LOL...

I notice a lot of posts from yrs back keep getting brought back in general on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area