Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:45 PM

398 posts, read 822,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
In TX what I have found is that an individual J calc for each home is rarely run -- especially for tract homes--even if the sq ft is increased--
they just hope you won't discover the HVAC doesn't fit the house
Here in Tx, orientation to the sun makes big difference because some homes in tract development where the plan gets reproduced many times on different streets might face east or north, some west or south and depending on the plan of the house the orientation alone can make lot of diff on how the system operates...

and when sq ft is added they usually try to avoid doing a new J calc--unless you make them...
even though they know they will have to upgrade not just the sq ft for things like more flooring/drywall but probably also HVAC and they don't like to do that for some reason...
When properly done they are time consuming. When we bought we asked for one from the builder and found out they used the same load calc for all models of the same type without regard to direction, which is a big mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I totally agree but that is builders' practice

Old 08-28-2013, 02:58 PM

697 posts, read 1,170,390 times
Most are looking for quantity...not quality down here

Old 10-27-2013, 08:58 AM

14 posts, read 25,553 times
We built a home (in TX) and did not have any problems like the ones you described. Those are not minor IMO. Sounds like someone didn't pay enough attention to your project. Since we are considering Lakewood Ranch for our next move, I will stay away from Lee Wetherington homes. I am sorry that they are being so unhelpful. Spread the word about them.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:08 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
If buying in Lakewood Ranch, there were also some stories on the news about KB Home. Might be worth it to google.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:38 PM

3 posts, read 1,579 times
Default Further trouble with Lee Wetherington Homes - Please respond

Hello ALL who are on this thread that have had trouble with construction defects/ other issues with your Lee Wetherington Home (LWH) or in working with Lee Wetherington Homes itself.

Please send me an email to NetHolding@aol.com, as I am currently litigating against him and have read this - and other posts that are contain all kinds of issues. I've been name called, denigrated and told that he would spend whatever it takes to defeat me!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thank you!

Old 04-22-2016, 03:59 PM

Addison8 - Let's talk ASAP Please.

thanks!

Old 04-27-2016, 01:47 PM

Hello ALL who are on this thread that have had trouble with construction defects/ other issues with your Lee Wetherington Home (LWH) or in working with Lee Wetherington Homes itself.

Please send me an email to NetHolding@aol.com, as I am currently litigating against him and have read this - and other posts that are contain all kinds of issues. I've been name called, denigrated and told that he would spend whatever it takes to defeat me! This is how they resolve their warranty and construction defect claims?!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area