Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 09:32 AM

23 posts, read 23,611 times

Advertisements

Aldi's opening seems to be postponed. It'll be open May 11th.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:49 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,553,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headacher View Post
I keep hoping to read about Aldi building a new store in the Nokomis/Venice area. Still up here in Ill-Annoy, but an Aldi in the Nokomis area is still part of the dream of getting down there to Beautiful Florida! (I know... A grocery store being part of my Florida "dream" is strange. That's just how my thought-processors work.)
There is a newish Aldi located in North Port, which borders Venice to the east. Aldi just opened another new store in Port Charlotte within the past month or two.

The drive from Nokomis to the North Port Aldi is very doable.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:20 PM

73 posts, read 64,054 times
For God's sake people, the AlDi at Lockwood Ridge Road is NOT in Bradenton, it's of course in the County uniincorporated Manatee County ! Do you folks know WHERE The City of Bradenton actually is ?? and no, the store is NOT in "east Bradenton" either !

This section of Manatee County is far far away from Bradenton ! Do you KNOW what city you live in? or IF you actually LIVE in a CITY at all ?? LOL Bradenton is ONLY 14.3 square miles ! Geezus, but Manatee County is HUGE !. Everything in a town/city in Manatee isn't "Bradenton"...tell the folks who live in Longboat Key that they live in "Bradenton" even though they too are in Manatee County. Similarly the folks in Peridia, Oak Run, Mandalay, Barrington Ridge, Tara, Lions Gate, University Park, Palm Aire, University Groves, Cascades, Riomar, Garden Lakes, Prospect Point, Arbor Reserve, Harborage, Woodbrook, Sabal Harbor, Muirfield, and a ton of others almost within WALKING DISTANCE to the new ALDi don't live in Bradenton either. And I heard one idiot tell another idiot he lives in Bradenton....he actually lives in the Concessions at Lakewood Ranch...of course none of LWR is no where near Bradenton....ha ha !

This is just to make sure that newcomers don't get confused while getting lost, trying to find the new ALDi or the new Walmart Neighorhood market, or the WaWA in a place called (east "Bradenton") 'cause they are not in Bradenton by a kuntry mile...lol Here's a true map - just get informed and speak accurately for the newcomers and for yourselves.

BTW, the other ALDi on Cortez Rd (4700 BLock) IS in Bradenton, FL.

https://www.maptechnica.com/us-city-boundary-map/city/Bradenton/state/FL/cityid/1207950

Last edited by ShekleKing; 04-24-2016 at 05:29 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 05:39 PM

17,580 posts, read 39,275,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShekleKing View Post
For God's sake people, the AlDi at Lockwood Ridge Road is NOT in Bradenton, it's of course in the County uniincorporated Manatee County ! Do you folks know WHERE The City of Bradenton actually is ?? and no, the store is NOT in "east Bradenton" either !

This section of Manatee County is far far away from Bradenton ! Do you KNOW what city you live in? or IF you actually LIVE in a CITY at all ?? LOL Bradenton is ONLY 14.3 square miles ! Geezus, but Manatee County is HUGE !. Everything in a town/city in Manatee isn't "Bradenton"...tell the folks who live in Longboat Key that they live in "Bradenton" even though they too are in Manatee County. Similarly the folks in Peridia, Oak Run, Mandalay, Barrington Ridge, Tara, Lions Gate, University Park, Palm Aire, University Groves, Cascades, Riomar, Garden Lakes, Prospect Point, Arbor Reserve, Harborage, Woodbrook, Sabal Harbor, Muirfield, and a ton of others almost within WALKING DISTANCE to the new ALDi don't live in Bradenton either. And I heard one idiot tell another idiot he lives in Bradenton....he actually lives in the Concessions at Lakewood Ranch...of course none of LWR is no where near Bradenton....ha ha !

This is just to make sure that newcomers don't get confused while getting lost, trying to find the new ALDi or the new Walmart Neighorhood market, or the WaWA in a place called (east "Bradenton") 'cause they are not in Bradenton by a kuntry mile...lol Here's a true map - just get informed and speak accurately for the newcomers and for yourselves.

https://www.maptechnica.com/us-city-boundary-map/city/Bradenton/state/FL/cityid/1207950
Did someone pee in your Cap'n Crunch this morning? lol

Old 04-24-2016, 07:19 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,553,114 times
Quote:

You better call ALDI and tell them to change the address for their new store, because ALDI shows it's in Bradenton. They give the address as: 4525 53rd Ave East, Bradenton, FL 34203

Grand opening is May 11th

https://storelocator.aldi.us/Present...denton%2C%20fl

Old 04-24-2016, 09:18 PM

4,637 posts, read 7,593,243 times
Quote:

The mailing addresses of the neighborhoods you listed above have BRADENTON, FL as the location. Much of south Manatee county is called Bradenton, even though it's not within the city limits. Manatee county government calls the area Bradenton, the sheriff department calls it Bradenton, the school district says Kinnan Elementary and Braden River High are in Bradenton. I live less than 2 miles from the new Aldi and my mailing address is...... Bradenton.

By the way, some newer parts of Lakewood Ranch actually have official mailing addresses of..... Bradenton.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
The mailing addresses of the neighborhoods you listed above have BRADENTON, FL as the location. Much of south Manatee county is called Bradenton, even though it's not within the city limits. Manatee county government calls the area Bradenton, the sheriff department calls it Bradenton, the school district says Kinnan Elementary and Braden River High are in Bradenton. I live less than 2 miles from the new Aldi and my mailing address is...... Bradenton.

By the way, some newer parts of Lakewood Ranch actually have official mailing addresses of..... Bradenton.

Don't be silly...okay ????

To the NEWCOMERS : THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE CAN CALL THE AREA ANYTHING THEY WISH. A "MAILING ADDRESS" IS NOT THE SAME AS A CORRECT GEO-POLITICAL BOUNDARY OR CITY LIMIT. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME !!

The newcomers should be aware of the truth of where they are or choose to buy or shop.

No Manatee County Sheriff's Deputy would ever call in an incident around Lockwood Ridge road as being in "Bradenton" are you nuts ? lol They would get FIRED.

No Manatee county official EVER refers to this area and its citizens as "Bradenton". They aren't that incompetent...or stupid....or ignorant to the FACTS.

"Calling" an area "Bradenton" is stupid when it's not "Bradenton"....but there again, people are stupid or aren't interested in being truthful. Newcomers should know the facts from knowledgeable and thoughtful residents, and not perpetuate lies, inaccuracies and misunderstandings.

"Schools", above ALL should not perpetuate ignorance. If they don't know where they work, they should be ashamed of themselves.

People living in Lakewood Ranch should be embarrassed for telling ANYONE that they live in "Bradenton". That's the height of lying - it doesn't matter what the Post Office "calls" it.

Have you ever seen a "Bradenton Police Officer" or his patrolling Lockwood Ridge ?? LOL hell no....you ever see a "Bradenton Police Officer" writing tickets on Lakewood Ranch Boulevard ? lol hell no....why ? duh....it's not Bradenton ...pay attention NEWCOMERS I'm telling you the truth here and you're getting nothing but lies above, or just plain ignorance, or silliness which is worst...lol

By the way NEWCOMERS, there are many communities along the Lockwood Ridge/Whitfield/Tuttle/Unviersity Park/Honore/Palm Aire corridors that are PLAINLY in MANATEE COUNTY (and in right down the street from the AlDi) that have SARASOTA MAILING ADDRESSES !!!!

Newcomers, I'm telling you the truth here for your own benefit and to avoid any possible confusion okay ?

Again, "mailing addresses" are meaningless in this area...it "ain't Bradenton"....stop a cop and ask....call the county and ask.

I OWN a piece of property directly in the area there in Manatee County and I have a SARASOTA MAILING ADDRESS.

NEWCOMERS : please be careful with all of the so-called informed "advice" on the internet...most of it is absolute garbage.

Welcome Newcomers and Seasonal Residents !!!

Old 04-25-2016, 01:39 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,582,304 times
I would guess that you are from NJ, NY, PA or (most of) New England where everywhere is part of an incorporated town.. Most of the country is like Florida, large parts of counties are unincorporated county, with a mailing address of a nearby town. Many well known towns in Maryland are not incorporated at all( ie Silver Spring). This would create a huge dilemma for you.

THE LAS VEGAS STRIP IS NOT IN LAS VEGAS NEVADA CITY LIMITS!!! I don't know why stupid idiotic people insist on calling in Las Vegas when in reality is it unincorporated Clark County, Nevada*

The horrible problem and misinformation you are warning everyone about is really a non-issue. The concept of having a mailing address and not living within city limits is not foreign. Very different from NJ where are are 566 muninicapal governements covering every square inch of land

reference from wikipedia... not the best source but it gets the point across:

*The Strip is approximately 4.2 miles (6.8 km) in length, located immediately south of the Las Vegas city limits in the unincorporated towns of Paradise and Winchester. However, the Strip is often referred to as being "in Las Vegas".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Vegas_Strip

Last edited by jwolfer; 04-25-2016 at 02:02 PM..

Old 04-25-2016, 01:45 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,181,878 times
Aldi's is horrible!

Old 04-25-2016, 02:17 PM

My point to is tell NEWCOMERS the truth about what some residents choose to "sell" as accuracy and truth.

That's my purpose to share the facts with newcomers about the ignorance that abounds.....and a deliberate effort
to continue to perpetuate lies either through ignorance or through indifference !\

What is amazing is that even faced with unvarnished truth, there seems to exist an effort to gloss over the truth or even to deny or argue with the truth, and give a LIE a pass.....because it's convenient to be lazy in accepting what is clearly right and clearly wrong. It is a disservice to all newcomers, visitors, travelers, investors and residents.

No one is doing anyone a favor by labeling every place in Manatee County way way outside the City of Bradenton, as "Bradenton". This would drive newcomers absolutely nuts.

Why perpetuate a downright lie, or misstatement ? It's just stupid and wrong to do that it seems to me. What on EARTH is the "advantage" to "call" somewhere "Bradenton", when it's not ANYWHERE near, or contiguous to Bradenton ?? Why confuse newcomers and why do residents want to be stupid ??

BTW , having an "official" Mailing address, is meaningless, and it's only "official" to the United States POSTAL Service, and not "official" to the police, the fire department, the zoning department, the taxing authorities, the planning commission, the school board, your mortgage holder, or just as important THE SUPERVISOR OF ELECTIONS......folks living around Lockwood Ridge can't and don't participate in voting in BRA-DEN-TON.....duh.

As stated earlier I own property in that Manatee County area...it has a SARASOTA, FL "mailing address".....but of course I pay taxes in Manatee County...lol....not of course Sarasota County.....duh.....

Just for grins, I am a graduate trained Urban Planner....amongst other disciplines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area