Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:22 AM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times

Advertisements

The article mainly discusses the new Wawa convenience store opening soon in Bradenton, at the bottom it mentions the plans for 2 stores in Sarasota and 1 in Venice:

First Wawa in region set to open on Dec. 18 | HeraldTribune.com

I learned something new, I did not know that Bradenton had a Mummers band.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 11:36 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,613,723 times
^^^ Sunshine Rules...maybe you are ex Philly/South Jersey?
Our adult kids live in Cherry Hill, and work in Philly.
Mummers on New Year's Day: have seen it once live.
GL, mD

Old 12-03-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
GL, mD
No, I am originally from downstate Illinois, a Mississippi River town near Hannibal (home of Mark Twain). St. Louis was actually a much shorter drive than Chicago, so we spent most of our "get out of town, have some fun" weekends in St. Louis.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:38 PM

162 posts, read 204,451 times
Now these news made the whole area feel like home That's a sign that we should move

Old 12-04-2014, 09:08 AM

55 posts, read 77,957 times
I currently live in Ambler, Pennsylania, outside of Philadelphia, and we love Wawa. The gas prices are the best and they make awesome sandwiches. I don't know of any Wawa in the Philadelphia that isn't busy most of the time. We are moving to Mote Rance in August 2015, when our current tennant moves out. We will definitely feel more at home now that Wawa is there.

All we need now is Wegmans Markets - the best supermarket there is (rated #1 in consumer reports) - unfortunately they are not in Florida yet - hopefully someday!

Old 12-04-2014, 09:39 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,348,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky300 View Post
All we need now is Wegmans Markets - the best supermarket there is (rated #1 in consumer reports) - unfortunately they are not in Florida yet - hopefully someday!
Damn right about that! I've actually written Wegmans twice encouraging them to do this. It's the most I've ever played an activist.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:24 PM

707 posts, read 1,052,359 times
Between living in Chicago and downstate Illinois and then on every barrier island between Tampa and Ft Myers, where hasn't Sunshine Rules lived????? Seems odd....

Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post
Between living in Chicago and downstate Illinois and then on every barrier island between Tampa and Ft Myers, where hasn't Sunshine Rules lived????? Seems odd....
Get the facts straight. I never said I lived in Chicago, I have family that live there. Never said I ever lived on any barrier islands, you have me confused with another agent.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Mama - I want WaWa

And if you don't know what that means, you aren't a true WaWa fan.

When I was 8 years old our school went on a field trip to the real WaWa dairy farm! That was over 50 years ago.

Now we are definitely buying a place there!

Old 12-05-2014, 07:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
GL, mD
My family is from 2nd and wilder - s. philly. We watched the REAL mummers parade every year...when the reviews were done and they drank their way through s. philly on the way home! My aunts all had tiny row houses in S. Philly - and they would cook up lots of pickled eggplant, pasta and "gravy"......

I've lived in Lower Merion, Overbrook Park, Medford NJ and some other places around there - owned businesses for 20+ years in Medford and Williamstown, NJ.

Even went to Valley Forge Military Acad. for one year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area