Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:28 PM

461 posts, read 556,506 times

Advertisements

I took a walk not long ago, and I found out a few things in the South Sarasota corridor by Webber and McIntosh area. Someone got broken into in his vehicle. I was taking these pictures here, and he mistaked me for a house caser. Until I opened my mouth, he thought I might have been responsible. He told me he was going to shoot me if he sees me go on to his property and I was stunned he said that because I'd never go up ON any of these properties. I was taking pictures from the street of all the trash and garbage, overgrown weeds on mail boxes, multiple cars on driveways. A lot of this city is declining. South Sarasota = Alternate 1985 in Back to the future.

I explain here fellas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH9yjmfAkUU&t=238s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeVrjdnAAKw&t=849s

I took some pictures too but my files wont fit the format on here but lets just say, its getting to look like a horrorshow in these parts. WHILE I hear lately that the rich are making out.. they're having these new lofts built downtown now and everything.YAAAHH. More division to look forward to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 08:14 AM

734 posts, read 764,975 times
Unrelated to the actual topic: Tip for anyone recording video via phone: Use landscape mode - hold your phone sideways. Will turn out much better.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:29 AM

547 posts, read 928,789 times
You were not in the City of Sarasota.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:14 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,157,802 times
Why don't you submit this to the Sarasota Film Festival for 2018; it's time to inform everyone about what really happens at 4 a.m. near McIntosh & Webber.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:36 AM

17,565 posts, read 39,222,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Why don't you submit this to the Sarasota Film Festival for 2018; it's time to inform everyone about what really happens at 4 a.m. near McIntosh & Webber.
ROFLMAO!

Old 04-25-2017, 11:49 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,692,557 times
I know if i see you taking video of my property at 4 am, you're gonna set yourself up for a lot of trouble. Some of it might even include the police. Or worse

Old 04-25-2017, 12:57 PM

82 posts, read 103,129 times
4 am?! Yeah if my car just got broken into and I seen someone milling about at such an hour you better believe they would be a suspect in my eyes, whether you were on the property or not. I truthfully didn't watch the videos but based off of the description in your post, I gather the purpose was to document more than one car in a drive way and lack of appropriate weed eating?

Old 04-25-2017, 02:30 PM

4,631 posts, read 7,570,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brioddy View Post
4 am?! Yeah if my car just got broken into and I seen someone milling about at such an hour you better believe they would be a suspect in my eyes, whether you were on the property or not. I truthfully didn't watch the videos but based off of the description in your post, I gather the purpose was to document more than one car in a drive way and lack of appropriate weed eating?

Wouldn't you get better video in the daytime? As a homeowner, att 4 am, I would immediately call the sheriff's office to report a suspicious vehicle if someone was driving around my neighborhood slowly, filming properties.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:06 PM

226 posts, read 250,301 times
Don't know about the logic of milling around at 4am, but it's a free country and without curfews. As long as you were not trespassing or creating a disturbance, it might be odd, but it's not certainly illegal. Having said that, most people might phone in a suspicious activity to the sheriff's office, and that might be appropriate as well. Everybody has to do their job in serving the safety of any community. For me, I would not confront you, but I probably might phone the activity in to the sheriff's office for them to investigate. that's what they're there for.

I've seen major changes in lots of communities in SRQ and Manatee county over the past 25 years and more. that happens. For every area that may be diminishing, I might be able to point to others in complete revival, such as Pioneer Prk, Rosemary, and even brand new safe construction in Newtown (if you haven't driven through in a while).

Heck I remember when Kensington was a super nice lower to middle class place to live with a very nice Winn Dixie, and a great pizza place in the plaza on 17th and Lockwood. It's changed as well....but right down the street at the Meadows things haven't changed or gone 'down' one bit. Things change !

Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,517,128 times
I don't understand the "Back to the Future" references - what is that about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area