Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 06:13 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Um... not spending all day everyday stalking restaurant and store owners, and healthcare and pharmacy workers, and roaming shopping and beach parking lots from Venice up to Bradenton?

But thanks for the suggestion, I guess???
You said "I'm not noticing" so I suggested how you can notice, during your daily routine...if you cared to.

Where did I suggest you make any special trips to stalk people? Your words...not mine.

Some people are more observant of their surroundings than others. Some people have more interest in what others are doing, others just care about themselves, & are less atuned to the world around them.

We are all different, & it doesn't make some better, or worse, than others.

I've observed that many more have moved here for good, so our area is not going to ever clear out this year like we have been accustomed to. My observation has been confirmed by the U.S. Census. Say hello to 50,000 new neighbors!

https://bocabeacon.com/reports-show-...for-some-time/

Up from 834,000 in just 1 year. This forum area has had ~6% population growth in just 1 year, which SIX TIMES FASTER than Florida statewide.

I'd estimate we are ~75% cleared out of vacationers, Spring Breakers, & snow birders. In a couple more weeks, we can all say hello to the new normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 07:26 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,336,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
You said "I'm not noticing" so I suggested how you can notice, during your daily routine...if you cared to.

Where did I suggest you make any special trips to stalk people? Your words...not mine.

Some people are more observant of their surroundings than others. Some people have more interest in what others are doing, others just care about themselves, & are less atuned to the world around them.

We are all different, & it doesn't make some better, or worse, than others.

I've observed that many more have moved here for good, so our area is not going to ever clear out this year like we have been accustomed to. My observation has been confirmed by the U.S. Census. Say hello to 50,000 new neighbors!

https://bocabeacon.com/reports-show-...for-some-time/

Up from 834,000 in just 1 year. This forum area has had ~6% population growth in just 1 year, which SIX TIMES FASTER than Florida statewide.

I'd estimate we are ~75% cleared out of vacationers, Spring Breakers, & snow birders. In a couple more weeks, we can all say hello to the new normal.
We still have spring break even though its basically may now??

Old 04-29-2022, 08:17 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,753,269 times
I went to the Publix at Wellen Park today at 9:30 and there were plenty of parking spots. Two weeks ago it was packed outside and in. I’m waiting for the Publix in Venice Villages to open, the parking lot is repaved and lines painted, it looks great and is closer.

Old 04-29-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
We still have spring break even though its basically may now??
European colleges are in May. Spring Break is over for the USA, so far as I know.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:34 PM

Slow at the market today. Sales way down compared to two weeks ago. Mostly locals now who spend less.

Old 04-30-2022, 06:28 PM

Parking spots at the beaches all thoughout the day today, & the waterfront restaurants too.

90% FLA car tags.

They have mostly flown North...hooray!

Thx for the business though, & we hope to see you next year.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Parking spots at the beaches all thoughout the day today, & the waterfront restaurants too.

90% FLA car tags.

They have mostly flown North...hooray!

Thx for the business though, & we hope to see you next year.
Its killing my business though! Last year this time despite covid my sales were better.

The cheap locals are spending less. Likely due to inflation and gas prices. All the vendors around me sales the last two weeks down compared to last year. Snowbirds gone and locals spending less.

Even the snowbirds were more cheap this year BUT had more of them whcih more than made up for it. Plus i had canadians this season too.

But yes, the non tourist full time residents are very cheap now.

This season was great for me sales wise though.

Just amazed how these last two weeks my business sales went way down and how slow the market got so quick after having such a busy season.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:02 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Beach was packed, ferry full both to the beach and back to the dock.

We got the very last parking spot.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:54 PM

Went to Fisherman's village for dinner today. Saw a lot less out of state plates than a month ago. No wait times even though hardly anyone was sitting outside due to the rain earlier. Still more people than 2019 at the same time of year, but a lot less people than a month ago. Big reduction of out of state plates though.

Fleamarket was a lot slower this weekend as well and the people are different. The snowbirds who had money have mostly left the last 2 weeks there.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:14 PM

Cashier at wal-mart said she's noticed it has slowed too.

I'm getting worried about this summer. Without the snowbirds we have mostly locales and my business is down 40 percent compared to just 3 weeks ago. With inflation these locals are not spending as much.

The Canadians were spending money this winter.

In another thread someone posted summer vacation bookings in the Panhandle are way down. I certainly hope that doesn't happen around here.

I will have to cut back my spending.

I looked at my numbers and they were slightly better this time last year despite I had less product selection. Last year many of them stayed until June because they came down later because they were waiting to get vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area