Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 05:41 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
In general, I'm seeing more people around here this Summer than last, but near the beaches, its about the same....maybe a few less....no kids now, like when the schools shut down due to covid prior.

I still marvel at the car tags I see from Colorado, Oregon, & California, ect.. I talk to those people in parking lots when possible welcoming them to Florida, because then they'll say "thx", or "we're just visiting"....most say "thx", so they're here for good. I'll ask how many days of driving to get here, and most say 4+ because they stopped along the way to see the sights.

Next one I see I'm going to ask about our weather now that its 105+ feels like nearly every day.
Just had another house go up for sale in my large sub division, and another one will go up soon as a neighbor today is moving back up to IL today.

Everyone this year here who has sold is moving north or back home. Like IL, Indiana, one to south Carolina too, another north carolina. Most of these homes being sold are 4 years old or less and many in their 60s, recent retired still good health.

I suspect they don't like the humidity of the summers. I hear some of them complaining about it when talking to them. They hate the humidity. I'd say that makes it at least a dozen this year in my development that has sold and moving north.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 06:18 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Just had another house go up for sale in my large sub division, and another one will go up soon as a neighbor today is moving back up to IL today.

Everyone this year here who has sold is moving north or back home. Like IL, Indiana, one to south Carolina too, another north carolina. Most of these homes being sold are 4 years old or less and many in their 60s, recent retired still good health.

I suspect they don't like the humidity of the summers. I hear some of them complaining about it when talking to them. They hate the humidity. I'd say that makes it at least a dozen this year in my development that has sold and moving north.
Its a realtors dream...the churn. The heat & humidity is even getting to me...never used to. I' extending my trip North in 2023 from 1 month to 2 months. By 10:30 am eadch day, I'm inside until 7 pm unless it rains.

I'll do errands in my air conditioned car to air conditioned stores, but not much outside otherwise. I still do my own yardwork, but I wait for a cloudy day to do it if possible.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:07 AM

144 posts, read 136,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post

Still many more people moving down here than going north

Old 06-29-2022, 04:24 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Went to Sharkies around 230 for an early dinner. Despite excellent weather it wasn't crowded at all and this is with everyone sitting outside, no one doing indoor dinning. The beach around the pier was pretty slow as well. Kinda shocked. I figured with the 4th in a week more vacation people.

Again, I think the inflation and gas prices people simply not dinning out as much. Didn't notice very many young families at all. Mostly retired folks as well so that tells me not a lot of vacationers around when the beach was pretty slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area