Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2022, 07:32 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times

Advertisements

Normally we use Carl’s Appliance if we need appliance repair but that is closed until about April 10. So dishwasher went out and I called Mr. Appliance of Charlotte and Sarasota—
Very pleased with the interaction.
Called Wed AM — had service call set up for Friday before 12
They emailed and called to confirm we were the first appt Friday
Also sent photo of the repairman

And the service man Matt called when he left his house to let me know approximate arrival.
Wore a mask inside…found problem was power cord that had arced—he replaced power cord but said we should get the outlet replaced as well and that wasn’t something he could do.
He was efficient, pleasant, took the time to borrow extension cord to finish draining water from DW from interrupted cycle….

Service call is 129 + repair so it cost little over $200
Maybe that seems expensive to some but it wasn’t anything my husband was going to do and was cheaper than new DW—if the one we wanted was in stock…

Had more trouble with electrician—company we used was booked until April 14
I asked her if she could recommend someone else and called the one she recommended Barnard Brothers.
They had cancellation for this afternoon so we got lucky—
We really like Care Electric—they have done all the work on the house since we bought it in 2012 but two wks is long time to go w/o dw…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area