Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 05:03 AM

8,034 posts, read 4,631,899 times

Advertisements

Best restaurants in University Town Center area of Sarasota? Here are 10 of my favorites

For full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tri...f899117e&ei=31

"Just as we were trying to visit our favorite destination restaurants before the snowbirds and tourists landed in Sarasota-Manatee, the holiday season began — on Nov. 11, to be precise.

That's when the bustling University Town Center shopping district hosted a parade starring Santa, who will be available for photos at The Mall at UTC through Christmas Eve, with numerous other holiday events happening through Jan. 2. Chances are, if you live in Sarasota or Manatee counties, you will soon be doing some shopping and dining at University Town Center, which is home to about 75 restaurants.

To help, here are my picks for the 10 best UTC restaurants, which range from fancy to casual. One of the places is located in the actual mall, while eight are found within easy walking distance of the mall in the adjacent West and East Districts at UTC, and another establishment is a short drive away in The Square at UTC. Each spot is a full-service restaurant, with three of them having just opened this year.

If you're seeking a quick fix, let me recommend Blaze Pizza or Shake Shack, which are among the best fast-casual national chains I've encountered this year. Craving something sweet to eat? I finally tried the cookies at Crumbl the other evening and, yeah, believe the hype. Served fresh, warm and gooey, they were among the four greatest cookies I have ever tasted. (Be warned, though; Crumbl is closed on Sundays.) All three of these places are located in the West District at UTC, with many more options, including the locally owned Five-O Donut Co., found a short drive away.

Really, though, after a long day of shopping, you're going to want to sit down at one of these featured spots and enjoy attentive wait service and perhaps an adult beverage. Presented in alphabetical order, these are the best full-service restaurants that I've visited near The Mall at UTC.

You will find national and local restaurants specializing in everything from steaks and sushi to burgers and tacos. For libations, you will find everything from craft cocktails to craft beers with plenty of wine options. Plus, three of the places offer front-row seats for the nightly holiday light shows happening along Cattlemen Road every 30 minutes from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2024, 07:33 AM

6 historic restaurants to visit in Sarasota, Longboat and Lakewood Ranch

For full article:

https://www.yourobserver.com/news/20...akewood-ranch/

"Our community has become a mecca for outstanding culinary endeavors, with new restaurants opening doors faster (and some closing more quickly) than ever before. But the success of these newbies stands on the shoulders of the historic eateries that have long prepared the food our stomachs crave and put Sarasota on the map as a foodie destination.

If it weren’t for our past, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Start the new year off right with a visit to one of the legendary dining spots in our area that make me excited to be writing Eating with Emma."

Old 01-12-2024, 04:55 AM

Boiler Room, Nancy’s Bar-B-Q, Tsunami, Cortez Kitchen: Restaurant News

For full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...d22431f7&ei=25

Here’s the latest Sarasota- and Bradenton-area restaurant and bar news.

Old 01-12-2024, 05:58 AM

12 new Sarasota, Bradenton restaurant openings we're most excited about in 2024

For full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tri...32f1558b&ei=94

"We've just kicked off 2024, and already, a new restaurant specializing in pizza and cocktails opened earlier this month in downtown Sarasota. A few days later, a highly anticipated seafood restaurant overlooking north Sarasota Bay in the historic Cortez fishing village reopened, while an exceptional Asian fusion restaurant in downtown Sarasota is set to host the grand opening of its new Lakewood Ranch location on Friday, Jan. 19.

Yes, as we approach the peak of tourist season, the local restaurant scene is buzzing with activity, promising a dynamic year ahead.

Following my ranking of the best new restaurants of 2023, here’s a list of a dozen Sarasota-Manatee restaurants I’m eagerly anticipating in 2024. For those of us who delight in dining out, what better way to welcome the new year than by anticipating fresh epicurean explorations?

From opulent dining destinations at a world-class waterfront resort, to the revival of a beloved sandwich shop, these new restaurant openings are planned for various locations across Sarasota and Manatee counties, including downtown Sarasota, Longboat Key, St. Armands Circle, Bradenton, and Palmetto, overlooking the Manatee River. Of course, I'm sure there will be many more pleasant surprises in 2024, but for now, here are my picks, presented in alphabetical order."

Old 01-19-2024, 07:20 AM

This article is by Wade Tatangelo - Ticket Editor for the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, and Florida Regional Dining and Entertainment Editor for the USA TODAY Network.

Top 10 restaurants I recommend when asked 'Where should I eat in Sarasota and Bradenton?'

For full article:

https://www.newsbreak.com/bradenton-...-and-bradenton

While we welcomed an impressive group of new restaurants in 2023 - exciting places already planned to open in 2024, I still tend to lean towards the classics when asked my favorite question: "Where should I eat in Sarasota and Bradenton?"

So, for this list of the Top 10 restaurants I recommend the most, you will find nine places that have been serving our Sarasota-Manatee community for at least a decade, and often multiple decades, with one spot celebrating its 10th anniversary next year. The list should appeal to locals and visitors alike, catering to those craving everything from an ultra-casual spot for fresh Gulf of Mexico seafood to the best upscale French restaurant in Sarasota.

Presented in alphabetical order, these are the places I love to recommend the most when asked "the question."

Old 01-19-2024, 04:07 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
All I can say is that we lived in the Sarasota/Bradenton area for decades and very few restaurants ever maintain any longevity. I guess a mix of too many, and too high rents. Most of them are way too expensive now.

Old 01-21-2024, 09:38 AM

9 posts, read 5,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
All I can say is that we lived in the Sarasota/Bradenton area for decades and very few restaurants ever maintain any longevity. I guess a mix of too many, and too high rents. Most of them are way too expensive now.

We agree for sure, expensive, over-rated, sub-par service as well, esp where we are - don't know how they pay the rents unless they are large chains, or even some of the newer startup chains all over Lakewood Ranch. It's nutty now. Decades ago, even places like Columbia, Cafe L'Europe, George's, Carmichael's, Charlie's Crab, Bijou and others were darn good and not a rip, we know things change but it's a very few places now worth the price and product served.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:03 AM

Ed’s Tavern, Nellie’s Deli, Five Nine Grill, EggTown: Restaurant News

For full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tri...b9bd2e57&ei=58

Here's the latest restaurant and bar news in Sarasota/Manatee area.

Old 01-26-2024, 06:39 AM

10 best romantic restaurants for a special occasion in Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice

By Wade Tatangelo, Sarasota Herald-Tribune

For full article:

https://www.newsbreak.com/bradenton-...ton-and-venice

While my favorite restaurants in Sa r asota and Bradenton include many casual places, today's list of the 10 best romantic dining destinations focuses on upscale establishments.

These restaurants — boasting elegant settings, often including a waterfront view, and excellent cuisine — are perfect for special occasions. They are the kind of places where you don't worry too much about prices because you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or even a holiday such as Valentine's Day — still observed every February 14th and quickly approaching, gentlemen!

This list features restaurants spanning from Venice to Anna Maria Island, and from downtown Sarasota to downtown Bradenton, with a couple of stops in between on Longboat Key. Presented in alphabetical order, here are my 10 favorite restaurants in Sarasota and Manatee counties for those special occasions.

Old 01-26-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Hot Dog Shoppe to Grow in Venice, Florida

For full article:

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/hot...enice-florida/

Shoppe Franchise Development LLC, franchisor of Hot Dog Shoppe restaurants, announced the signing of the first Hot Dog Shoppe franchise with Marty Rauch of Sarasota, Florida. The first franchise restaurant is a conversion of a former Burger King in Venice, FL. The Burger King closed after 40 years of successful operation at this location. Site adaptation is projected for 70 days, and the restaurant is scheduled to open in December 2023.

COMING SOON!
415 US 41 By-Pass N, Venice, FL 34285
Ohio hot dog joint chooses south Sarasota County for Florida debut

For full article:

https://www.businessobserverfl.com/n...florida-debut/

Hot Dog Shoppe, a popular Ohio-based eatery founded in 1946, is opening a new location in Venice — its first franchise store and first spot outside the Buckeye State.

The new Hot Dog Shoppe, at 415 U.S. 41 Bypass N., next to the Hotel Venezia, is scheduled to open Jan. 29, according to a statement. A ribbon-cutting will be held Jan. 30, with a celebration that includes a raffle to win two free hot dogs per week for a year.

Local entrepreneur Marty Rauch owns and leads Hot Dog Shoppe Venice. He plans to open 20 locations as part of the company’s expansion in Florida, the release states.

Hot Dog Shoppe offers a menu that includes hot dogs, chili dogs, burgers, hand cut fries, chicken sandwiches, soups, hand-spun milkshakes and breakfast. It utilizes around 1,000 pounds of potatoes a day to make its famous French fries, the release states.

“The menu features hot dogs and chili dogs on a freshly steamed bun sold at crowd pleasing prices along with fresh cut French fries, hamburgers and hand spun milkshakes,” Rauch says in the release. “Our team couples the nostalgia of hot dogs with freshly prepared, high quality food offerings which are exceedingly tasty and prepared to perfection every time.”

The restaurant provides dine-in, drive-thru, carryout and third-party delivery options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area