Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 PM

166 posts, read 604,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Oh! That's good. Do they have any limitations on subjects? I have a few friends that are teachers, and have seen over the years that they have had to cross over and teach other thing in school than what they had been teaching for years and where thier strengths lied. One friend taught science for years, and the next year he had to try to teach history. He told me that for the first year, he was working twice as hard just to prepare and stayed slightly ahead of his smarter students.
For high school, you generally have your teaching degree in the subject area you teach. You also have to take the certification exam in the area you teach. In Florida at least, unless you you took 30 hours in history in addition to a science bachelors, it wouldn't be possible to do the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,102,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atroxanautin View Post
For high school, you generally have your teaching degree in the subject area you teach. You also have to take the certification exam in the area you teach. In Florida at least, unless you you took 30 hours in history in addition to a science bachelors, it wouldn't be possible to do the above.
I'm impressed with Pine View and everything I hear about it. I'm not sure 30 hours qualifies a teacher to history or not. I'm not a teacher, although I did teach construction estimating at night at a college for a while. I didn't have a teaching degree either, but had a huge amount of hands on practical experience. The engineering students liked my class a lot, many felt it was the most practical course they had, and most of the time I would discuss real issues/problems, and the thought process in dealing with them. Construction is very dynamic, and it involves a lot of interaction by many parties, and the costs can be significant, as well as the issues, and changes imposed during the process by outside forces. My subject matter also covered dry take-off, using geometry, and pricing factors, but that is just a small part of what makes a good estimator.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,898,837 times
Default why

unless you enjoy heat, humidity, yankees or walks on siesta key beach stay in NVA.
ive been here since '85.
use to be a nice small town, not anymore.
:t ape::tap e:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area