Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:43 PM

25 posts, read 76,550 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about retiring to the Sarasota area and would like to hear from residents about why they like the specific area where they live.

I'd be looking for a condo in the 100-125K price range, in a community that has a clubhouse/social activities. Waterfront and golf aren't important. I'd prefer an all ages community (I'm 60), non-converted condos, 1 or 2 bedrooms, recently built.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM

385 posts, read 1,159,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrabar View Post
I'm thinking about retiring to the Sarasota area and would like to hear from residents about why they like the specific area where they live.

I'd be looking for a condo in the 100-125K price range, in a community that has a clubhouse/social activities. Waterfront and golf aren't important. I'd prefer an all ages community (I'm 60), non-converted condos, 1 or 2 bedrooms, recently built.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Phil

Sounds like Village Walk in Palmer Ranch would be right up your alley. Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to pick anything up in that price range. It never hurts to look, there could be some of the smaller condos in short sale right now

Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
Sounds like Village Walk in Palmer Ranch would be right up your alley. Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to pick anything up in that price range. It never hurts to look, there could be some of the smaller condos in short sale right now
Yeah I agree Angelfish Village Walk is a good suggestion I just don't think you'll ever see anything in there go that cheap.

I did a quick search for condos under $125K, In Sarasota county and 2000 or newer and came up with 39 matches.

Woodmere at Jacaranda, Venice-Clubhouse, pool, fitness center, activities, 2 Restaurants, Fitness Center, Heated Pool, Concierge Service, Movie Lounge. Most units were built in 2000. Priced from $69,500 and up.
Admirals Walk, Sarasota-Most units were built in 2002. Priced from $60K+. Gated community with community pool & fitness center.
Colony at Sabal Trace, North Port-Resort style living in the Colony at Sabal Trace, a gated community close to shopping with easy access to I-75. Clubhouse with meeting & billiards room with library plus exercise room located next to the heated pool. Priced at $85K+. Most units were built in 2006-07.
Renaissance, Sarasota-Enjoy evenings at the theater, dining downtown, walks to the bay, or the new Ringling Bridge. Building offers the finest in amenities including gym,media room, library, massage rm, guest suites, club room, catering kitchen, pool, and more. Secure building in the center of our busy downtown area. Priced at $108+. Most units were built in 2001.
Stoneridge, Sarasota-From $103K+. Most units were built in 2006. Stoneridge has NO AMENITIES. Its close proximity to the beaches, downtown, interstate, nearby Doctors Hospital, shopping and restaurants.
Las Palmas, Sarasota-Most units were built in 2002. Priced at $90K+. Enjoy the resort style community pool, tennis courts and a fitness center. The community is just minutes to I-75 for easy commuting
Villagio, Sarasota-Features community pool, tennis courts, fitness room, and more! Nearby I-75, downtown, and the beaches. . Priced at $65K+. Most units were built in 2002.
Parkridge, Sarasota- Resort style living with heated pool. Minutes to shopping and I75. Priced from $100K+. Most units were built in 2005.
Stoneybrook at Venice, Venice- Priced at $125K+. Most units were built in 2007. Community pool.
Kings Gate, Nokomis- Amenities include: Heated Jr Olympic sized Pool, Fitness Room, Spa, Sauna, Tennis, Shuffleboard, Billards Room, Community Center with Library. Lots of scheduled activities in Season, including golf outings (w/discounts) at local courses. Boat launch marina with small boat access to Gulf of Mexico! Boat parking & RV storage available. This is a 55+ community. Priced from $125K+. Most units were built in 2004 or newer.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 PM

Default Thanks! :)

Thanks SoFLGal. You've given me lots to read and absorb - thanks for your help.

Phil

Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 AM

Default Pinestone at Palmer Ranch

Does anyone have any pros or cons to relate regarding Pinestone at Palmer Ranch?

Thanks -

Phil

Old 12-06-2009, 10:20 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Too many renters and it may not suit a retiree Maybe in your price range you should look in Venice ...more retirees and not as expensive

Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrabar View Post
Does anyone have any pros or cons to relate regarding Pinestone at Palmer Ranch?

Thanks -

Phil
If I had to pick between Pinestone and Plaza de Flores in PR, I'd go with Pinestone. They have an Olympic sized heated pool, spa, tennis courts, basket ball court, fitness, movie theater, and clubhouse. Siesta beach, major shopping areas and restaurants are minutes away. Most of the units were built in the late 90's.

I believe Argus it their property management company. Argus, Siesta Key, Real Estate,Vacation Rentals,Florida (http://www.argusmgmt.com/clients/index.php - broken link)

Old 12-06-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
Too many renters and it may not suit a retiree Maybe in your price range you should look in Venice ...more retirees and not as expensive
There aren't any condos that are newer in Venice other than Stoneybrook and Woodmere in the price range above. All of the condos are going to have a larger number of renters unless they have a restriction against it. Many people are buying up the condos in this price range and renting them out. I thought he said he wanted all ages and not mainly retirees?

Last edited by SoFLGal; 12-06-2009 at 10:45 AM..

Old 12-06-2009, 12:11 PM

"I thought he said he wanted all ages and not mainly retirees?"

Right - that's what I said. *s* I was looking at what's available in the various Palmer Ranch communities - it seems like a great area in general - and thought that maybe if I stretched my price range more towards 150K there might be more attractive condos of interest. Pinestone looks like it might be a community to consider.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 AM

913 posts, read 2,362,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Admirals Walk, Sarasota-Most units were built in 2002. Priced from $60K+. Gated community with community pool & fitness center.
Las Palmas, Sarasota-Most units were built in 2002. Priced at $90K+. Enjoy the resort style community pool, tennis courts and a fitness center. The community is just minutes to I-75 for easy commuting
Villagio, Sarasota-Features community pool, tennis courts, fitness room, and more! Nearby I-75, downtown, and the beaches. . Priced at $65K+. Most units were built in 2002.
Parkridge, Sarasota- Resort style living with heated pool. Minutes to shopping and I75. Priced from $100K+. Most units were built in 2005.
Aren't these conversions? We looked in AW and Las Palmas. At the time AW had a pending lawsuit against someone, so we could not get a loan. Didn't like the are around Villagio. Parkridge was a little too far north for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Stoneybrook at Venice, Venice- Priced at $125K+. Most units were built in 2007. Community pool.
We looked at this also. Isn't this a Lennar condo? When we looked this past Jan (before the drywall stuff), they were not completed with the complex and still controlled the HOA. The salesman could not answer basic questions, such as who responsibility is the exterior upkeep. He said "some" things where the owners, but would not say exactly what. The second visit we talked with a manager. When we explained we were not signing anything that day, he walked out. No "see ya", no nothing.

Look at Mission Lakes in Venice. We really liked this complex, but they do not take pets. We bought in Cross Creek in your price range. A small complex, 78 units. We are 12 minutes from the beach and have a water view. They are an older complex, made in 1984, with cinder blocks between each unit. They have never had a special assessment and the HOA fees are lower than most other places we looked. I'm not sure there are currently any units priced in your range, though.

If you wish to read about our whole saga, click here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...nally-got.html

Last edited by davery5872; 12-07-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area