Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:23 PM

13 posts, read 113,113 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am looking for anyone with information about Pooler, GA and West Chatham Elementary School. Moving there this summer and hoping it will be a good move for the fam. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2006, 05:13 PM

6 posts, read 77,081 times
Check greatschools.net a very informative website.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 10,030 times
I live in Bridgewater, right across from West Chatham Elementary. Actually my wife teaches there. Our house is for sale and we are on our way out. Have been here for 2 years. Reply and I'll give you more info. Why did you choose this place? Where are you going to live?

Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 9,990 times
Hi Leaving Pooler. We are going to look at a house in Bridgewater. Can you tell me about it?

Thanks.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 AM

233 posts, read 1,226,718 times
Georgia mom what would you like to know? Anything specific or just general?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:40 PM

25 posts, read 128,707 times
I have lived in Pooler for 6 years. Pooler was once a small community with a country flavor. It has fast become one strip mall after another, taking away many of our woodlands. It is so sad to see what some call progress. Although Pooler retains much of the small town feel it is starting to feel like a suburb of Savannah. To be fair I have to say all-in-all Pooler is a nice place to live. We have a Super Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Sams Club and plenty of places to eat out. The Airport is right here too which makes it convenient when traveling by air. Be prepared to stop in Atlanta when flying anywhere to change planes. There are a few direct fights to some destinations.

I have a co-worker who has two children, one in elementry school and the other in middle school at West Chatham. From what I hear, the elementry school is good but the middle school could be better. Check out the website provided by lavendergirl for schools. Many people opt to send their kids to private schools because most of the Chatam country schools are so bad.

There are some nice housing developments here in Pooler and some are fairly reasonable. Let me know if you have more questions.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:46 PM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
West Chatham Middle

West Chatham Middle School (http://www.sccpss.com/Schools/Middle+Schools/West+Chatham+Middle+School/Home+Page.htm - broken link)
Gifted Education Program
West Chatham Middle School (http://www.sccpss.com/Schools/Middle+Schools/West+Chatham+Middle+School/Curriculum/ - broken link)

Public Alternatives:

Magnet:

Mercer Middle School, Savannah, GA (http://www.sccpss.com/Schools/Middle+Schools/Mercer+Middle+School/ - broken link)

Mercer Middle School has recently been re-certified as a Georgia Lighthouse School to Watch, a distinction currently held by only eleven middle schools throughout the state.

Charter:

Oglethorpe Charter School

Oglethorpe Charter School students exceeded national and state averages in all test sections in all three grade levels.

Montessori charter school promises to cure what ails traditional public schools | SavannahNow.com
Also a Montessori Charter School is being built

The good Private Alternatives

college preparatory school
The Savannah Country Day School Overview Page (broken link)

Religous college preparatory school
Savannah Christian Preparatory School

For Public High School:
Savannah Arts Academy, Savannah, GA (http://www.sccpss.com/Schools/High+Schools/Savannah+Arts+Academy/ - broken link)

100% of students receive a College Prep Diploma, with some earning an additional seal for College Prep with Distinction, and with Communication Arts students earning an additional Tech Prep seal. Therefore, some of our students graduate with three seals on their diplomas.
SAT and ACT scores exceed the state and national averages.
100% of the members of the Class of 2006 were eligible for the HOPE scholarship.

Last edited by bgnzsavnh; 07-11-2007 at 06:55 PM..

Old 02-08-2008, 06:30 PM

16 posts, read 79,959 times
Default Why Are You Leaving Pooler - I Was Thinking Of Moving There

HELLO .. WHY ARE YOU LEAVING POOLER .. Is there something not good there? I was thinking of moving there and thought it would be good for family .. please help with any information you can give .. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Pooler View Post
I live in Bridgewater, right across from West Chatham Elementary. Actually my wife teaches there. Our house is for sale and we are on our way out. Have been here for 2 years. Reply and I'll give you more info. Why did you choose this place? Where are you going to live?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:33 PM

16 posts, read 79,959 times
Default How Is Pooler To Live With Family And Is There Crime

Hello .. Can anyone tell me about Pooler please? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter54 View Post
I have lived in Pooler for 6 years. Pooler was once a small community with a country flavor. It has fast become one strip mall after another, taking away many of our woodlands. It is so sad to see what some call progress. Although Pooler retains much of the small town feel it is starting to feel like a suburb of Savannah. To be fair I have to say all-in-all Pooler is a nice place to live. We have a Super Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Sams Club and plenty of places to eat out. The Airport is right here too which makes it convenient when traveling by air. Be prepared to stop in Atlanta when flying anywhere to change planes. There are a few direct fights to some destinations.

I have a co-worker who has two children, one in elementry school and the other in middle school at West Chatham. From what I hear, the elementry school is good but the middle school could be better. Check out the website provided by lavendergirl for schools. Many people opt to send their kids to private schools because most of the Chatam country schools are so bad.

There are some nice housing developments here in Pooler and some are fairly reasonable. Let me know if you have more questions.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:14 PM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
Quote:
How Is Pooler To Live With Family And Is There Crime
Pooler is a great place for a family to live and not a crime problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: