Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:19 PM

16 posts, read 80,018 times

Advertisements

WHY ARE you leaving the Pooler - any reason before one move there?? Also, how is it getting a job that pay good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Pooler View Post
I live in Bridgewater, right across from West Chatham Elementary. Actually my wife teaches there. Our house is for sale and we are on our way out. Have been here for 2 years. Reply and I'll give you more info. Why did you choose this place? Where are you going to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 12:20 PM

16 posts, read 80,018 times
Default Jobs in Pooler

How is it getting a job in Pooler that pay good. Is it hard to support yourself there if you are a single income family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
Pooler is a great place for a family to live and not a crime problem

Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,048 times
We had a very bad experience at West Chatham Elementary. Our oldest child is Special Needs and we had an EXTREMELY hard time getting him services there. It might be ok for you if he doesn't have special needs, I don't know...we didn't stick around long enough to find out! I would NEVER send my child to West Chatham Middle. Pooler Elementary is supposed to be a really good school. Also, you could choose to put your child in the magnet program, which is what we have done. Our 3 children go to Bloomingdale Elementary and we are very pleased with it. All of the teachers are great...the only problem we have had so far is with the 4th grade teachers. They do not have very good communication skills (to put it nicely), but they are good teachers.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:58 PM

233 posts, read 1,227,628 times
I like it here in Pooler. It has and is growing. As far as jobs in Pooler, you have Gulfstream, JCB, new restaurants, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, the Airport, grocery stores, other retail stores...etc. What do you?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 AM

5 posts, read 20,818 times
Critter54
I have a post on here also but came across this one. My family and I are looking to move to Pooler. We want to rent first until we know more about the area. I have looked into Godley Station and a few other communities just for comparison. So any information you could give would be great.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:58 PM

726 posts, read 3,605,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather617 View Post
We had a very bad experience at West Chatham Elementary. Our oldest child is Special Needs and we had an EXTREMELY hard time getting him services there. It might be ok for you if he doesn't have special needs, I don't know...we didn't stick around long enough to find out! I would NEVER send my child to West Chatham Middle. Pooler Elementary is supposed to be a really good school. Also, you could choose to put your child in the magnet program, which is what we have done. Our 3 children go to Bloomingdale Elementary and we are very pleased with it. All of the teachers are great...the only problem we have had so far is with the 4th grade teachers. They do not have very good communication skills (to put it nicely), but they are good teachers.
We choose Bloomingdale Elementary for our children, too. It is a good choice.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:23 PM

4 posts, read 29,876 times
Default Pooler vs Hinesville??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
Pooler is a great place for a family to live and not a crime problem

Could anyone make a reccomendation as to deciding on where best to work and commute from to Stewart, as for security and best place for raising family, Hinesville vs Pooler, what would be reccommended?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: