Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 02:40 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,278,117 times

Advertisements

Good one News. Sigh. Yes I have native neighbors here that swear the moss in the trees has chiggers. (it doesn't, only on the ground, but sometimes you have to roll with things eh) I like it, too. It makes me happy seeing it and many other native plants around town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 05:41 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,345,540 times
Uh, that inaccurate rah rah piece in the link comes from a publication that is solely devoted to Savannah tourism and business, so take it for what it's worth. If someone actually believes that Savannah, Ga is one of the top 3 global destinations in the world, they need their heads examined. Maybe they should tell the folks in Paris, London, Honolulu, San Francisco etc that "news," LOL! Thanks for the chuckle though. I like funny stuff.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:57 AM

202 posts, read 231,433 times
^^^ I guess you complain about most things, don't you? Saw you in another thread and you were the same there. Frankly, it'd be nice if you'd just go away, but live happily ever after, though.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:57 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,278,117 times
VOTE: Tybee Island in running for USA Today Best Coastal Small Town | SavannahNow

Old 04-21-2016, 12:27 PM

124 posts, read 174,145 times
Any articles about what is good about LIVING in Savannah rather than just visiting??

Old 04-21-2016, 03:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,710,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonics View Post
Any articles about what is good about LIVING in Savannah rather than just visiting??
Nope. You know why? Only a select few can live in paradise. For example, a pious nun that devoted her entire life to acts of charity will be rewarded in paradise. A terrorist, albeit a dumber one, believes he will meet the 7 virgins in paradise. Not going to happen. Now for all others that have survived years of snow, ice, temps below zero, well they have a chance. For those that lived with rude and nasty type one behavior type people, well, they have a chance too. For those that come here from a culturally deprived city, they get a shot. If they have never seen salt water, live oak trees , crepe myrtle , jasmine, young people filling the streets, people walking by saying " How do you do?" ( come to think of it that would make a good song... We can call it "it's a Wonderful world" they also might get a shot living here.

You need to excuse now as I just bought a DOZEN female crabs that I plan on eating tonight smothered in home jarred tomatoe sauce. Followed by a big fat cigar while thinking how lucky I am to be "living in Savannah".

You will admit, this posting is "similar" to some bias article... would you not?

Old 04-21-2016, 04:08 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonics View Post
All the reasons that make Savannah a great place to visit also make it a great place to live. Why the need to separate the two?

Old 04-21-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Nope. You know why? Only a select few can live in paradise. For example, a pious nun that devoted her entire life to acts of charity will be rewarded in paradise. A terrorist, albeit a dumber one, believes he will meet the 7 virgins in paradise. Not going to happen. Now for all others that have survived years of snow, ice, temps below zero, well they have a chance. For those that lived with rude and nasty type one behavior type people, well, they have a chance too. For those that come here from a culturally deprived city, they get a shot. If they have never seen salt water, live oak trees , crepe myrtle , jasmine, young people filling the streets, people walking by saying " How do you do?" ( come to think of it that would make a good song... We can call it "it's a Wonderful world" they also might get a shot living here.

You need to excuse now as I just bought a DOZEN female crabs that I plan on eating tonight smothered in home jarred tomatoe sauce. Followed by a big fat cigar while thinking how lucky I am to be "living in Savannah".

You will admit, this posting is "similar" to some bias article... would you not?
THIS!

It's Thursday afternoon at 6 pm and I'm sitting at a bar on River Street with people from all over the country and they all want to move here. Why? Because it's Thursday afternoon and we're all sitting at a bar on River Street ...

I don't know how better to explain to people WHY we live in Savannah?

Old 05-01-2016, 12:53 PM

This is pretty cool

#TalkingTech on the road in Georgia, South Carolina

Old 05-17-2016, 03:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6-EN0kmhEc&sns=em
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area