Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 11:33 AM

2,509 posts, read 1,859,320 times

Advertisements

Looks like the OP changed her mind.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...ere-start.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 05:28 PM

7,125 posts, read 11,734,193 times
LOL.^^^^^ The problem with tire kicking is after a while you hurt your toe. That's ok. We have a good deal here in Sav. A VERY good deal, and not every one can put their name on the dance card. That's OK with me.

Carry on. Next.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:14 PM

13,704 posts, read 21,999,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post

I feel cheated and betrayed

Last edited by Newsboy; 07-31-2016 at 07:30 PM..

Old 08-01-2016, 02:28 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,651,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post

No, we are targeting three areas. Depends on where the jobs come from. That's where we are moving to. Not limiting my options just to one place. I agreed to look in FL, but doesn't mean I'd move there without a job.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
LOL.^^^^^ The problem with tire kicking is after a while you hurt your toe. That's ok. We have a good deal here in Sav. A VERY good deal, and not every one can put their name on the dance card. That's OK with me.

Carry on. Next.
Not at all. Let's face it. I am 50. I need to continue working. I have to have more than one area to target with jobs. That's reality. I am not overly sold on FL. Unless someone wants to offer me a job before I get there, I have to keep an open mind about where to make our last and final move. And I'd never, ever move without having work. So first place that we can land a jobs that will cover our bills, then that's going to be the winner. Anyone would do that. Don't count me out-I've been talking to the Chatham school district already and I have a great opportunity to get in when they are getting it off the ground in the transportation department. We'll see what happens after I get there this week....

Old 08-01-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:
There is a difference, I'm sure you know, between a "money" pit and a house that needs upgrading or done in a way that you prefer.All a matter of numbers.
Yes I do. But I'd like one that I can move into and change as we go along. I don't want to be stuck forever without a kitchen.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:29 AM

7,125 posts, read 11,734,193 times
I wish you the best of luck with your choice of cities. You are going about it the right way. I would encourage you to not be in awe over the weather (vs NY) in Savannah, its' beauty and southern charm, but stay focused on finding gainful and sustainable employment.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I wish you the best of luck with your choice of cities. You are going about it the right way. I would encourage you to not be in awe over the weather (vs NY) in Savannah, its' beauty and southern charm, but stay focused on finding gainful and sustainable employment.
Well being I spent all my growing up years spending summers in North Carolina and Virginia with my family that are native's there, I am not in awe of the weather that's for sure. My folks back in the early 50's took a leap of faith to NYS for their jobs from the south. Now I am leaping to go and build a life again.

I have to have options. Where's the best feasible place we can go? What is going to give us a income that we can comfortably pay the bills and not just keep working to die like we are here in upstate NY. I've noticed great variations on salaries for my line of work. FL doesn't sell me at all as I don't have almost 30 years of experience to get paid minimum wage to drive a school bus like I've never done it before. Nor would I accept such a low rate for dispatching/routing them either. I honestly have chances in the Savannah/Hilton Head area for that work. I'd love to combine my two careers, driving the tour bus along with my hospitality and tourism degree. That would be a wonderful fit.

I love Savannah. I love history. I love architecture(my Grandfather was a architect) and I love that we could move to this area potentially to have a life again. To stop and have time instead of working constantly and always being behind. I didn't work so hard to pay off my house in 11 years after we built it to lose it with jobs that are underpaying us. I hate struggling. My taxes shouldn't be close to 8K a year.

We need to find our fit. But jobs are the priority. I have to keep more than one area to look. You have to. I can't imagine a person looking to relocate would only look with tunnel vision to one spot and one spot only.

That being said, I am really hoping that the Savannah area comes out on top. It has everything I'd want, but it's a matter of that pesky job if I get there or not.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:47 AM

[quote=Newsboy;44966581]I feel cheated and betrayed[/QUOTE

Wow, stalk people's posts much? Geesh. We'd be foolish to focus for ONE area only in terms of finding jobs. I have to have options. Why in the world would I throw everything into it for one place and take a job that is just that. I want to be happy for the next 15 years I work. Can you tell me 100% Savannah is absolutely the best place on the planet to get a job? That if I move there without a job, I could start work the next day? No, no one can.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:30 AM

Oh and on a side note....Can anyone tell me locations for a Masonic Lodge or Shriners in the area for the Hubby? If he doesn't join one in the city limits, can you tell me other ones in the area? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area