Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 05:22 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times

Advertisements

The long-awaited and HUGE (4 stories) H&M store opened on Broughton Street today. TV reports say there were several hundred people in line for the noon ribbon cutting. This is the biggest retail happening on Broughton Street in decades and the crown jewel of Ben Carter's $100 million remake of the street. Sure, H&M is decidedly down-market price and quality wise and pales to some of the other Carter stores like Micahael Kors, Kate Spade, Coach, Club Monaco and J Crew, but it's the only part of his project that occupies a new building from the ground up, and quite an impressive building it is.

Talking to managers of some of the newer stores on West Broughton, I know that they have been anxiously waiting for H&M to open and drive lots more foot traffic to their businesses. This really does change the dynamic of shopping in downtown Savannah.

Grand opening for new downtown Savannah H&M

Grand opening for new downtown Savannah H&M - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Last edited by Newsboy; 08-04-2016 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 07:32 PM

1,180 posts, read 984,225 times
This is great news. I just started shopping at H&M. I will see how the clothes hold up. I will def check on this store out the next time I'm in Savannah.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Scientist View Post
This is great news. I just started shopping at H&M. I will see how the clothes hold up. I will def check on this store out the next time I'm in Savannah.
There's another H&M in Savannah Metro at Tanger in Pooler

Old 08-05-2016, 01:15 PM

1,180 posts, read 984,225 times
Is it as cool as the one on Broughton street?

Old 08-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Scientist View Post
Is it as cool as the one on Broughton street?
Well, I've only walked in and walked out of the one in Pooler, which is just like an average mall store I guess, and have yet to visit the one on Broughton. But the downtown store is supposed to be one of the largest in the US and has a lot of departments that others don't apparently. Plus it's 4-stories and has escalaors etc! Plus lots of big street-level display Windows and cool achitecture. They really made an investment.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:39 PM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I will check out the Outlet store first, and then the Broughton. I have never been to an H& M.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:41 PM

Another take on H&M from Connect Savannah. What a piece of whiny crybaby ****!

Hey, H&M, it

I LOVE the reader comment at the bottom that "none of the new retailers on Broughton advertise in the Savannah Morning News." NEWSFLASH: *NOBODY* advertises in the Savannah Morning News anymore!

I love how these consumer liberals long for US retail, industry and manufacturing to return to "moral, sustainable, liveable wage-earning levels" of days gone by -- completely oblivious to the fact that it is THEIR GENERATION'S DEMAND FOR CHEAP DISPOSABLE PRODUCTS that makes that completely impossible!

Q. Why does the Savannah Morning News (and every newspaper across the nation) no longer have the LOCAL advertising revenue that made them profitable thus sustainable thus relevant?
A. Because of the MELLENIALS insatiable desire for INSTANT GRATIFICATION and replacement of tradition media models with sound bites delivered by the latest gizmo gadget deemed "cool" "hip" and "trendy."

H&M is bad? You CREATED THE CULTURE in which H&M thrives! So shut the ------

I'm done now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area