Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 11:23 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,714,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
And if you like scored flounder with a glaze on it, the version we had at Loves was better than the one at The Pink House.

In your humble opinion of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 12:05 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,115,088 times
Quote:
And if you like scored flounder with a glaze on it, the version we had at Loves was better than the one at The Pink House.
I really like that. Next time I'm in Savannah, I'll corral my family into taking me there. They like Love's. I'll offer to pay the entire bill, and we'll be on 204 in minutes.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:07 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Where did you get the idea that my opinion is humble?

Old 07-01-2017, 12:12 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,115,088 times
Quote:
You've got to admit, PC, that's a pretty good recommendation even if the Love's and Pink House versions are equally good.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:41 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Ok, let me clarify. In my humble opinion, on the particular nights I had Scored Flounder, Love's had a crispy crust of the (peach?) glaze, while the similar thing at Pink House was a kind of gooier surface, and I enjoyed the crispier more.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:12 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,949,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappytobeinTroy View Post
I'm making my list of streets to visit and places to eat. Thanks for this info. I've heard to not bother going to Paula Deens. Is that accurate? Looking forward to our visit.
I walked through Paula Deen's Lady & Sons earlier this evening when there was an hour wait and a line out the door. A group of bikers said it was "awesome." The line buying cookbooks in the gift shop was 10 long.

If you want a taste of Paula Deen, I'd recommend going to the new PD Creek House on Whitemarsh Island (where Uncle Bubba's used to be). I haven't been yet, but everybody I know who has been says it's AMAZINGLY good!

Old 07-01-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
LOL LOL LOL!

Thanks for reminding me of Love's. Haven't been there in years (possibly because I'm never ever on that side of town) but if my memory serves, the seafood is outstanding. And the prime rib cannot be beat!

Old 07-01-2017, 09:49 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,538,511 times
Savannah is like Charleston: other than national chains, if you want a bad meal in either town, you have to know a place.
"Eat and enjoy"

Old 07-02-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Savannah is like Charleston: other than national chains, if you want a bad meal in either town, you have to know a place.
"Eat and enjoy"
Meh ... there are some "local" places that serve up a bad to average meal ... but for the most part, local gastro places generally score better than places back home. It really comes down to your expectations and what you're used to getting "back home."

Savannah most definitely has some of the best restaurants in the southeast, if not the nation.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:16 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
Yeah. I mean, there are some. There are less than I would expect though, actually. I was surprised, when I first moved here. I have heard Chart House is good but it is outside my price range. Maybe for a special occasion one day. Rocks on the River rooftop is amazing. Food is ok but worth the view. I have heard olympia is good, I want to try one day. Hueys I went once it was average or lower. Same for some other slop on the river st level. There is room for better restaurants. B Matthews should move to a location down there maybe. B Matthews is awesome. J Christopher's is awesome. Basically all the Thai restaurants here are awesome. I am not a curmedgeon well not all the time. River st is beautiful but let's get real about the food sitch. Let's encourage tourists to push the Riv scene to... do better. Otherwise most of them are gonna just eat whatever the walking tour tells them to. I am happy some folks have the curiousity to come here. Every post I make basically, I have an agenda. I am rooting for River St, News! I promise! We can do better than Crab Shack! I think we will get there, with the new power plant hotel.

Savannah has been on my bucket list for several years now......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area