Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 04:57 PM

38 posts, read 82,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
You gots to have money to live here?
Depends what you want v what you need.
I know plenty of people that work "everyday jobs" and still are able to enjoy all that Savannah has to offer.
As my friend Mick usta say...
You can't always get what you want...
But you get what you need.
THIS, is where I am coming from JPA. Not in a position to purchase a home ($250k, ay yi yi). But want to live quietly, modestly, and simply enjoy the time I have left. I am encouraged by what you have written, "everyday jobs, still able to enjoy all that Savannah has to offer . . ." I'll be looking and reading out for such a life.

Thank you for sharing.

LL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 10:28 AM

12 posts, read 24,993 times
Default Forsyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock43 View Post
I saw the remodel he did on his LA home too- that was another spectacular job. He has got some major money from somewhere.

I saw that too, and now he has it for sale. he started out at near 2 million and is down to the low one million mark.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:02 PM

182 posts, read 712,376 times
what house is it?? I saw the episode so long ago- and now walking along the park perimeter I cant pick out the house!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:16 PM

12 posts, read 24,993 times
Default The house on Whitaker

It is 909 I believe. Right next to the other one they auctioned off for $1 mill and is now for sale for $1.59 or something like that. That one is 911.

Awful lot of mansions on Forsyth Park for sale - practically every other mansion on Whitaker.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:07 PM

10 posts, read 28,663 times
We decided to stick with the jobs we already have. It seems like we waited too long to move. We are going to check out Colorado but the advice seems the same...if you have a job don't move. I am gald you got to move. We are looking at all our options including school here in CA. I am glad you are happy with the move.

Taylorrae9

Old 07-02-2009, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
Default savannah

well thats cool. i was raise in ga but been gone a few yrs. we are movin back to. not sure about savannah cause of the crime though. i was raised in effingham. just trying to figure out the best area for my family.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,572 times
Wow...everyone here is so informative. I'm new to this site and soon I'll be new to Savannah. I'm not sure if I should post this here or figure out how to start a new posting, but I really need help.

I accepted a position in Savannah and am moving tentatively within a month. It's just my husband, me, daughter and our dog. I've lived in FL and NC so this is the perfect middle ground of both. My questions (and forgive me as I've read this posting and have found some great advice) may seem trivial, but with less than a month to move and only visiting Savannah once, I am slightly lost. If anyone can give me advice on the following topics, that would be great.

1. Areas to live (We'd like to rent a house for a year before buying to get a better picture of the area. We aren't downtown people and prefer the country, but we need something safe. My wonderful husband would enjoy any body of water as he's an avid fisherman. We're just not familiar with the fishing in the area. I've found homes for rent in multiple areas, but I'm not sure if they're good areas. The crime map changes so much, it was hard to tell when I researched them.)

2. Schools (We have a 6 year old and are looking for safety and a good education)

3. Employment (My husband needs a job. The newspaper online directs him to the wonderful internet as their primary source which I know from experience gets overlooked from employers. Does anyone know of anyone hiring? My husband is a blue-collared hard worker and will do just about anything.)

4. Hunting and Fishing (A request from the wonderful man in my life. Any hotspot fishing areas we should seek out? What do people hunt there and where?)

Again, I apologize for the questions, we're just pressed for time and researching has been difficult with the time constraints. Thank you anyone who offers any advice. Our family greatly appreciates it!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area