Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 8,633 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone in the Savannah area could help me. I have had numerious dreams about a house in this area. In my dream it is haunted although I can't find it on any of the tourist spots. It is a three story plantation home with a double pourch, one at ground level and one on the second, both porches go around the house not just the front side. It sits up on a hill and is surrounded by trees (woods?) and over looks a winding road. The pathway to the house has many steps before you reach level ground It also has (had)several smaller buildings on the grounds and may have had a fence that surrounded the back at one time. If you are facing the house to the left there is a clearing in the trees that is (was) used for recreation.
I have had this dream so many times and for so many years that I can give a detailed description of the interrior as well.
Does this place sound familliar to anyone or am I just dreaming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 09:04 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
If it's on a hill, it's not around Savannah. We have houses like that which are on a slope that's higher than the neighbors, but there simply are no hills in this area.

You may have seen a house like this when you were a child and it impressed you, even though you can't remember having seen it. Memories are tricky things. Or it's a symbolic thing.

I have found that when I think a lot about a dream that I had, I usually have it again. It's sort of like a continuing story that never ends.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:58 AM

182 posts, read 711,104 times
This is what I thought of reading the description:
The Mackey House of Savannah, Georgia

Old 03-15-2009, 12:12 PM

737 posts, read 2,458,768 times
And I did a search for the house from Psycho.
Shows you where my head is at, don't it?
Found lots o' pics.
All with a looog stairway leading up to the place.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:48 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock43 View Post
This is what I thought of reading the description:
The Mackey House of Savannah, Georgia
I think the Mackey House is too new to be haunted. How about this one? http://www.ci.savannah.ga.us/cityweb...b?OpenDocument

Old 03-15-2009, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 8,633 times
I checked out both the Mackey House as well as the other place, neither of them fit. I have never been to Savannah come to think of it I don't think I have ever been to Georgia so I don't know about the area at all. I do have a feeling that the place I dream about is either unoccupied or extremely run down, but it is definetly an old plantation home. And I don't think it will be advertised as any type of tourist attraction, the only way to know about the haunting would be local lore. I also believe that it may not be far from either a lake or a pond.
Any place like that around?

Old 03-15-2009, 03:14 PM

182 posts, read 711,104 times
wow ellie thats a beauty! Where is that house?

Old 03-15-2009, 05:35 PM

The beautiful house is Lebanon Plantation. It's privately owned and not open to the public.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren9393 View Post
I checked out both the Mackey House as well as the other place, neither of them fit. I have never been to Savannah come to think of it I don't think I have ever been to Georgia so I don't know about the area at all. I do have a feeling that the place I dream about is either unoccupied or extremely run down, but it is definetly an old plantation home. And I don't think it will be advertised as any type of tourist attraction, the only way to know about the haunting would be local lore. I also believe that it may not be far from either a lake or a pond.
Any place like that around?
Probably not. Sometimes a dream is just a dream.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:22 PM

737 posts, read 2,458,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Probably not. Sometimes a dream is just a dream.
AMEN!
Although sometimes they are based in reality.
Either experienced, or perceived.
Or just demons that you will carry around with you with the rest of your days.
Been there, done that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area