Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 AM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroknoppix View Post
At least this is my opinion and not based on statistics.

I never experienced road rage until I moved to Savannah. Every day on my way home from work I'm amazed at the reckless abandon you people have for other motorist on the road. If you want in front of me, use your turn signal and I'll be more than happy to slow down and let you into the lane. You don't have to cut me off without any warning.

You would think that the cops would be issuing tickets left and right in this moldy sponge of a town. Like a month ago when that giant F350 decided to cut through three lanes of traffic on Abercorn by the Savannah mall stop light going on to 204. Only when he got into the turning lane did you flip his blinker on. Slamming on my brakes didn't **** me off nearly as much as noticing there was a cop right behind me to witness it and he did nothing.
That happened to you a month ago? That sucks, but here in Miami, that happens to me every day (often multiple times a day)!

I would agree with you though that something needs to be done to crack down on reckless driving and road rage in general. Too many deaths and injuries are caused by this stupidity. Tougher sentences would help and if someone causes death by blatant reckless driving, they should go to jail for a long, long time (just like any other killer).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Ohh boy do I know South Florida drivers. At least they are fast! haha

Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Ohh boy do I know South Florida drivers. At least they are fast! haha
I'd rather they weren't!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 AM

68 posts, read 171,603 times
The drivers here make me scared to learn how to drive.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:16 AM

737 posts, read 2,460,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte282 View Post
The drivers here make me scared to learn how to drive.
Learn here, and you're good to go anywhere else.

Just sayin', is all.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 PM

68 posts, read 171,603 times
I'd like to stay alive though...

Old 06-08-2009, 07:52 AM

165 posts, read 507,712 times
My dad was an excellent driving teacher and once he felt I had successfully mastered driving his advice was always the same when I left the house:

"Keep it between the ditches and watch out for the other guy."

Just try to be smarter and less selfish than the others around you and you should be okay.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 AM

737 posts, read 2,460,076 times
"Keep it between the ditches and watch out for the other guy."

I haven't heard that in years.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:18 AM

9 posts, read 33,689 times
Can anyone at least give me some understandable reason why the driving is so bad in Savannah, Ga? I don't want to think it's only because of complete poverty and ignorance but it's certainly looking that way.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 AM

3 posts, read 13,479 times
1. LA
2. Boston

Savannah has it's issues, but compared to larger metros the driving here isn't that bad. The one issue though is rain. A little rain around 4:30 and I-16 becomes a parking lot. I've had conversations with people about this some from the area and some not and the conclusion I've drawn is:

1. Because vehicles are not required to be inspected in Georgia many are on the roads that shouldn't be including many with poor tire tread. I can honestly say on a daily basis driving in from Richmond Hill I see cars that I know would not pass a typical vehicle inspection in states where they are required.

2. The driving test here isn't tough enough. I remember when I lived up north I had to parallel park in real busy downtown traffic, park on a hill and drive on the interstate during rush hour. I also took drivers ed in the 9th grade at school. From what I've been told about the driving test here my 10 y/o son could pass it. Also, where I use to live you had to wait to get a license until 17 unless you took drivers ed. If you took it and passed you could get a permit at 15 and you license at 16. This motivated most all kids to take drivers ed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area