Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 07:12 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Well...that you do not know that Lanza is also a physicist, is telling.
Published in top Journals:
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...16/2021/05/048
He is not a physicist according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lanza, he is a biologist.

Perhaps you can enlighten me to what physics degree he actually has.

Quote:
Could you please substantiate your credentials and recognition to support, "Maybe I DO know more about the relevant QM".
I have cited my credentials in other threads, I have a BSc in computer science, with my final year focus on neuro-science and back propagation networks. So once again, if neither of us are QM physicists, maybe I DO know more than he does based on me studying what actual QM physicists say.

And my background in neuro-science is far more relevant to talking about consciousness than any idea by a biologist misusing QM mechanics, regardless of the qualification of the person abusing QM.

Quote:
You cite Appeal to Authority to discredit...then, you Appeal to Authority.
I know. As I said, my appeal to authority were relevant authorities. Shall I quote them again, where they say Lanza's ideas are just that, ideas that do not explain consciousness?

Quote:
So...you refuted nothing.
Yes I did. I pointed out the misuse of the word 'observer' that is a basis for Lanza's idea he mentioned in his Youtube clip you posted. It is telling you simply ignored this instead of trying to refute what QM physicists say.

Once again, you need to address your problem that his theory is based on the false idea that in the double slit experiment, it is the researchers' mind that causes the light to act as a wave or a particle. That is not what is meant by 'observer'.

Quote:
New things are figured out all the time...that you dismiss this completely is also telling...of something I already knew. You function on bias...not a logical, open-minded search for new information & knowledge.
That is a non sequitur and an ad hominem. Possible future discoveries are just that, possible future discoveries. Arguing something may be discovered does not refute the valid points I have made.

So once again, do you have any credible science supporting your cosmic consciousness views, because otherwise your constant evasion of actual science, and uses of fallacies is wasting everybody's time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 08:45 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,195,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
An experience in cosmic consciousness.

Yogananda on Cosmic Consciousness
Just great imagination and excellent writing skills: nothing more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology