Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 12:09 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times

Advertisements

Relocation depends on whether you are currently renting or if you own a home. I'm not sure but it may also depend on the level that you are coming in at, etc.

But in general, you can choose lump sum or full move. The lump sum is nice if you're a college student or a single person who doesn't have a lot of stuff, etc.

For the full move it's actually pretty good in my opinion. They will come to your home, pack everything, then load everything onto a truck, move it to your new destination, and store everything for awhile (30 days?). You also get 2 cars moved. They also provide a house hunting trip for you and your family. There is also temporary housing (30 day or 60 days depending). There are also services to help you in your new city (concierge type services if your spouse has questions about finding a job, etc.). Since a lot of money may be spend on this, you are usually required to pay back a prorated amount if you leave within 2 years.

It doesn't include some of the really over the top stuff like buying your home if it doesn't sell, covering closing costs when selling and buying your home, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,798 times
I have a question regarding to my interview at Amazon last week on Sept 7.

I was flown up to Seattle from California for the interview. I spoke to 4 interviewers plus the recruiter. I was asked to provide my base salary information and the recruiter asked me to email him since I did not have the number on top of my head in person. I was told at the end by the interview coordinator that it would take them a week to get back to me.

I emailed him the next day the info and also a thank you.

Less than a week, on Sept 13, the recruiter responded to my email acknowledging the salary info I gave and also said "Congrautlations. Your interview went well and we are at the final stage to make a decision. I will let you know soon"

I thanked him and asked him to let me know if i need to provide any further information. No word since. How should I read his response? IS it a good sign or it doesn't really carry any weight?

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2016, 10:48 AM

515 posts, read 558,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsteve989 View Post
i have a misdemeanor on my background will that affect my chances of getting the csa job at amazon plz answer and thanks
I'm trying to find the answer to this as well, for a Fullfillment Center. I've stopped reading after a 100 or so posts. If anyone knows if Amazon will hire someone with a Misdemeanor assault, please respond. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 7,931 times
Hey, I had cleared my phone interview and got an email asking me some details to fill in to arrange the travel and accommodation for the on site interview and I did the same. But I did not hear back from them once after that email. Can you please tell me how many days do they take to reply?

Old 09-20-2016, 05:04 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times
My husband left Amazon mid-July for a different company abroad, but it's turning out horribly. He left AMZN on excellent terms and his former boss said he'd work with him and that he'd have "options" if he needed to return. My husband messaged him letting him know the situation isn't good and he's going to meet him when he returns in a few weeks. He'll have about 20 days here before he's expected to go back overseas for another month at the new job.

My question:

Assuming there is an appropriate role open and an eager hiring manager desiring to fill it, could he possibly go through the interview loop and have a job offer within 20 days?

I think I'm begging for an unlikely miracle with this one.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:13 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times
Yes, I have definitely seen things happen quickly at Amazon if the hiring manager, recruiter, candidate, etc. are all motivated to make it happen sooner than later. I've seen things move as quickly as a week.

Since it hasn't been long, I don't even think he has to interview really. He probably will just have to go through a few meet & greet type interviews more to assess fit than whether he passes the hiring bar. If it has been over 1 year, then he typically does have to go through the full interview process (although phone screens are sometimes waived so he can just start onsite).

I think he would just go back under the same salary and stock that he had before (so no increases or decreases).

In short, if he left on really good terms, I'd say that things look pretty good.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:17 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
Yes, I have definitely seen things happen quickly at Amazon if the hiring manager, recruiter, candidate, etc. are all motivated to make it happen sooner than later. I've seen things move as quickly as a week.

Since it hasn't been long, I don't even think he has to interview really. He probably will just have to go through a few meet & greet type interviews more to assess fit than whether he passes the hiring bar. If it has been over 1 year, then he typically does have to go through the full interview process (although phone screens are sometimes waived so he can just start onsite).

I think he would just go back under the same salary and stock that he had before (so no increases or decreases).

In short, if he left on really good terms, I'd say that things look pretty good.
This is very comforting to read. I would feel deeply appreciative if this happens to him and we ended the year as it began. We can pretend that 2016 never happened!

Old 09-21-2016, 11:51 PM

3 posts, read 3,670 times
i also want to work with the amazon and i have all ready applied for that . I have sells his items on my website but some body told me that i earn the money from that ??

Old 09-21-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erotochub View Post
I have a question regarding to my interview at Amazon last week on Sept 7.

I was flown up to Seattle from California for the interview. I spoke to 4 interviewers plus the recruiter. I was asked to provide my base salary information and the recruiter asked me to email him since I did not have the number on top of my head in person. I was told at the end by the interview coordinator that it would take them a week to get back to me.

I emailed him the next day the info and also a thank you.

Less than a week, on Sept 13, the recruiter responded to my email acknowledging the salary info I gave and also said "Congrautlations. Your interview went well and we are at the final stage to make a decision. I will let you know soon"

I thanked him and asked him to let me know if i need to provide any further information. No word since. How should I read his response? IS it a good sign or it doesn't really carry any weight?

Thanks!

Hello Can u please answer my question?

Hey, I had cleared my phone interview and got an email asking me some details to fill in to arrange the travel and accommodation for the on site interview and I did the same. But I did not hear back from them once after that email. Can you please tell me how many days do they take to reply?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-22-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
I have an on site interview with amazon this week. does anyone have any thoughts on the earliest flight I could catch out of seatac? I have no idea how long the interview process will take, how long the ride is to the airport (including possible traffic), nor what the security lines are usually like at that airport (never been to seattle before) so I'm clueless as to what time I should request to depart. personally, I'm hoping I could 7pm or so, but I'm thinking that may be pushing it. all thoughts are appreciated.

Hello Can u please answer my question?

Thanks in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area