Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:43 PM

21 posts, read 63,104 times

Advertisements

Looks like you got some great suggestions but I'd like to second Texastrigirl's vote for Tacqueria La Venadita in Issaquah. Their homemade salsa is the best I've had and you can't go wrong with their tacos (my favorite is the adobada). Saturday is tamale day and all three flavors are divine. You should give it a try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 12:49 PM

122 posts, read 202,617 times
We enjoy any of the 5 or so Jalisco's restaurants. One in Lake City, one in South Park and several in between. Love, love, love the Camarones Jalisco with their spicy macha sauce. Mmmmm.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:28 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,851,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosemonkey23 View Post
Looks like you got some great suggestions but I'd like to second Texastrigirl's vote for Tacqueria La Venadita in Issaquah. Their homemade salsa is the best I've had and you can't go wrong with their tacos (my favorite is the adobada). Saturday is tamale day and all three flavors are divine. You should give it a try!
This is my very favorite Mexican place, too. The carne asada nachos are the best I've ever had, and being from CA, that says something.

V. =)

Old 06-17-2012, 01:03 PM

117 posts, read 216,686 times
Default Where is the GOOD mexican food??? Its horrible here

I am from socal too and have been in California all my life with Amazing mexican food. I am not hispanic. I hate TexMex. I have a LOVE AFFAIR with (california) mexican food. I in fact make my own refried beans!! I read on this board that 2 people suggested La Vendita Tacqueria and I thought it was horrible. I had a hard taco and the shell wasn't even home made.. It was like it was store bought (like the ones at taco bell) also the chicken had NO flavor...I'm dying here!!!

We live in Sammamish and there has to be something better than this? Even a truck would be pretty good.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,883,037 times
Closest good food to you I'd suggest is El Rinconsito in Bellevue. It's a local chain but good and authentic.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:47 PM

24 posts, read 48,341 times
Taco Bell has a taco made out of Doritos...try that!!

Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
Could someone please help me find a good Mexican restaurant in the Seattle/Bellevue area? I have tried about 20 places using various sites/recommendations of locals since I moved here and they have all been disappointing. The only decent place I have found was down in Centralia (and that is too far to travel for dinner!). I'm used to the type of Mexican food they have in Colorado and am wondering if that just isn't available in this area. Suggestions anyone?
La Cocina Santiago, 432 Broadway E. I don't know if this is the Best Mexican restaurant in town but I do know they make the best drinks in town. My favorite drink is Taquila Sunrise. I've never had a better Taquila Sunrise anywhere in Seattle or the whole South West as far as that goes. I just had a Taquila Sunrise in Phoenix Arizona, -it was terrible, -they should know better. Seatte has the best Taquila Sunrise in the world and it right here at La Cacina Santiago. Food???? What food???? It's a Taquila Sunrise, that's all that matters. My wife likes her Margaritta's, but it's a Taquila Sunrise for me at La Cocina Santiago, and the owner's are real friendly too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area