Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 AM

255 posts, read 1,196,007 times

Advertisements

Hi there, ladyjuliek, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I seem to be throwing lots of 2 cents recently.

Anyway, I live in Mt. Vernon, work out of Arlington and my husband and son commute to Everett from Mt. Vernon every day. Neither one of them would suggest working in Everett and commuting from as far away as Mt. Vernon or Bellingham. My men do, but it's not for everyone and I truly would never advise it.

Arlington could be a 45 minute commute to Everett if there was an accident on the freeway otherwise, it's usually a 20 minute commute or 30 minute on a bad day. I take real estate classes in Everett or Lynnwood fairly regularly and I have to drive in rush hour traffic.

As far as living in Seattle itself or even Lake Forest Park or Mountlake Terrace just a couple of suburbs north towards Everett, while the opportunities for a unique, fun lifestyle would abound, the price of real estate is quite high. Depending on your income it might or might not prevent you from buying a home. There are apartments everywhere though.

And I agree with the assessments of others that affordable view property doesn't exist. Except if you have the money to buy what does exist.

Hope I've been of some help to you, and all the best with your move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area