Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM

10 posts, read 13,869 times

Advertisements

Hello, my partner, two young children and I am seriously considering moving to the PNW. I most likely will be working from home (good job) and my partner would be looking to work in a small hospital. We have heard great things about WA in general about being liberal and accepting of LGBT people, but I thought I'd start a thread on it.

We'd prefer a small to medium city near Seattle with great schools and lots of activities. Our oldest is a couple years away from kindergarten, so we would like to find an in-home daycare. We would most likely prefer to rent out an apartment or townhouse. Yes, we realize how expensive the Seattle area is, but we would like some feedback on cute cities/towns that might be good for a rainbow family.

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 PM

617 posts, read 1,202,509 times
How far is "near" Seattle? How many miles outside of Seattle proper would you consider to be the max? Would you prefer the town to be more on the rural, or suburban side? Or would you prefer it to be it's own small city that has it's own metro area? There are lots of options so I'm trying to narrow it down. I like Bellingham, which is approximately 100 miles from Seattle. If you need to be closer to Seattle, I'd look into Edmonds. But that's just my own preferences.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:52 PM

156 posts, read 303,417 times
You would love Olympia. It's similar to Madison, WI. Great cost of living and two local hospitals.

It's nestled on Budd Inlet with views of Mt. Rainier, the Olympics, and sound. Way less traffic and density than Seattle, but many cultural events.

The Procession of the Species and Art Walk are this weekend and downtown is buzzing!

I live in NE Olympia and love it! Many rainbow families, very open and caring community. Olympia School District is highly regarded...both of my kids are in it and it would be hard to replicate what we have here as a total package anywhere else (of course that's my perception).

If you have any questions let me know

Check it out!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 PM

10 posts, read 13,869 times
Sorry, "near" Seattle is vague. I'd say within an hour (not rush hour). Again, neither of us will be working in Seattle. Rural is fine as long as the nearest town has amenities. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area