Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWetter View Post
Common guys, women looking for men that can support them financially is nothing new. When they're younger, they may be looking for love, but when that clock starts ticking, they're not looking for adventure - they're looking for stability and someone that can provide for the children.

Yes, we're supposed to be financial equals these days, but that doesn't play out in real life when children get involved.

The problem is that many of these women who "settle" on somebody because of finances later decide that that they're not happy with the guy that they married seven years ago, divorce him and then he become nothing but a "wage slave" to provide child support.

I'm sorry to say OP, but as a man who has a few assets, I avoid dating women in the "ticking clock" age bracket like the plague, and I know many who feel the same. It's better to date women in their early 20's or women in their later 30's or older.
Look for women who aren't interested in having kids. They're growing in number, it's not that uncommon anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Men are 'wired' to spread their genes, and women are programmed to seek the most security for rearing their offspring. It's just biology, no matter how much some PC "revisionists" wanna deny it. So it's much better we just try to deal with it rather than fight it.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 PM

305 posts, read 450,182 times
When I was a student at UW, valeting cars making $15 an hour, I picked up zero chicks. When I became a financial consultant and started making $85k a year, I was suddenly banging 5 chicks a month. It's comical how superficial Seattle women are.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 PM

34 posts, read 48,359 times
Quote:
Men are 'wired' to spread their genes, and women are programmed to seek the most security for rearing their offspring. It's just biology, no matter how much some PC "revisionists" wanna deny it. So it's much better we just try to deal with it rather than fight it.
I agree that unfortunately, our genes haven't caught up with our reality. So we live in a transitional age where women now represent a higher proportion of the workforce, the higher paying positions usually do not require brute force, yet we are not earning equally. Some of us want our prince charming, gladiator or hero but when the time comes to make decisions we don't want to concede, so this is one of the crisis of our time, but there is hope. Did you see that pic of a Daddy Doing his daughter's hair while carrying the other baby?

Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
When I was a student at UW, valeting cars making $15 an hour, I picked up zero chicks. When I became a financial consultant and started making $85k a year, I was suddenly banging 5 chicks a month. It's comical how superficial Seattle women are.
And I am sure you "banged" them because you loved their poetry and spent months learning about their philosophy and their political views and how good they were at debating because they were so ugly and needed somebody to really understand them but that doesn't count as superficial I guess

Old 01-11-2014, 10:47 PM

309 posts, read 760,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
Well said.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 PM

309 posts, read 760,246 times
Reality = Women want men who have money and Men want want women who are young and attractive. If you are a man you need to have money, and if you are a women you need to be good looking and younger. It's not politically correct or nice, but it's true. Reality is not nice but it is what it is whether you like it or not. You can either ignore reality or you can accept it and just choose to deal with it the best you can.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:55 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Seattle is a big money town and who spends most of the money?? If you noticed, a majority of the stores in the malls and shopping centers are geared towards women. It amazes me how bored I am in the mall walking from store to store until finally I find a store that is geared towards men. Oh yeah, it's always funny walking into Macy's or Nordstroms. I ask where is the men's clothing.. The answer, oh the men's clothing is on the bottom floor. Of course, even on the bottom floor, half the clothing is still women's, yet there in the back, lo and behold, the men's section! So, in a giant 3 or 4-floored department store, only one half a floor has men's clothing and 3.5 has women's clothing, apparel, perfume , etc etc etc.

They also have done studies showing that most women in the USA tend to not want relationships anymore because due to their high incomes, they only seek to marry men who make on average 20-30k a year more than themselves. In the studies they were saying cultural upbringing and expectations have made women feel uncomfortable marrying or dating men who are equal or make less of a salary than them. It is indicated that more poeple tend to have loose relationships and not marry because of the financial expectations. Because, women now on average make equal salaries or more than many men, it is hard for them to find a spouse that fits their expectations. The irony of this problem which compounds the issue is that most wealthy men also feel uncomfortable marrying a woman who makes close to their income level and seeks to marry/date women who makes considerable less income. Wealthier men are very often content being the ultimate breadwinner, unlike wealthier women.

Now, Sweden is a country where feminism may work to your advantage. In Sweden there is more house-husbands than housewives now and the women are the majority of the breadwinners. In addition to Swedish women being very beautiful, I would say this may be a great opportunity to American men who are tired of always having to live up to the standards of 1950s American family, yet with a female workforce that makes this lifestyle as the breadwinner impossible. If you can swallow your American pride, Swedish culture actually promotes a much more realistic egalitarian structure where women do not feel ashamed to be supporting a man. Men in Sweden actually get maternity leave along with the wife after a pregnancy.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:58 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:

This doesn't have anything to do with money really. I think you may have banged more women when you got a good job, because you had more confidence when you obtained that good job. I think that's the key thing, is confidence. In general, money gives men a lot more confidence. So it attracts women more. With that said, I've definitely observed my share of very very poor and broke men who have beautiful women with a lot going for themselves in love with them. I have known struggling artist who don't make a dime, aspiring rap and rock singers still pull a ton of women. They key here is that they really love what they do, the have confidence in it, and they show a passion for it. A lot of men tend to meet women in their place of employment. If a guy really likes his job, he will attract a single woman who works in the office with him. She is seeing him at his most confident and passionate level.

I think the same thing kind of works in reverse too. I know this is a bad example, but it is true. For women who are prostitutes and strippers, a lot of guys start to really fall for strippers and prostitutes. Why is that? I mean a guy can go to the same strip club like every week for years, and still want to see the same stripper. Or he may want to see the same prostitute. I think the thing is, while the prostitute or stripper is just in it for money, they probably just like what they do. And as a result, it attracts clients more to them, because they are showing a confidence in what they are doing. There are definitely strippers and prostitutes who rolls their eyes, get their money, and kick them guy to the side once the moeny is in their hands. But someone who acts like they like their jobs, guys throw money at them.

The reality is, confidence is attractive and contagious to both men and women alike. And generally your situations in life reflect how much confidence you have. Better job, better car, promotion, or any number of things can impact your confidence. So people around you start to notice this.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Reality = Women want men who have money and Men want want women who are young and attractive. If you are a man you need to have money, and if you are a women you need to be good looking and younger. It's not politically correct or nice, but it's true. Reality is not nice but it is what it is whether you like it or not. You can either ignore reality or you can accept it and just choose to deal with it the best you can.
I agree, I just dislike that the shaming goes in one direction only, like "yeah, those filthy gold diggers", when men are just as superficial but about looks not money. I wish there were no shame at all. I wish prostitution was legal and regulated .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: