Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:57 AM

213 posts, read 278,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
It relates to the nightlife especially, particularly night clubs.

I'm not saying everywhere, like on the bus or in the grocery store. When I am doing those things, it seems there is an equal amount of men and women.

But dude, even the so-called great nightlife spot Capitol Hill feels like there are 3 sausages to 1 taco. There are also a lot of attractive men dating average-looking girls, but I hardly see the other way around (average guy dating really hot girl)

The few pretty women who are at clubs and bars are usually cornered already by 3 sweaty meaty dudes. Yuck!

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but this is what I've been noticing lately. Thanks.
Capitol Hill has a lot of bars and clubs, but it's not the best place for straight single males if your main purpose is finding women. Try Ballard on a Friday or Saturday night - tons of bars and a higher ratio of women than Capitol Hill. Also, Belltown and Fremont are probably better as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:04 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,972 times
Actually the women of Seattle prefer to hang out at music venues. The best place and time to meet women out drinking is at bars that have live music and before midnight. Another place to catch a lot of women drinking is house parties. Like the men, the women here are the intellectual type and prefer a more intimate and familiar setting.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
it depends on the cooking school. for hobbyists, cooking school is mostly couples. for culinary school it's mostly people on their own but there are a lot of men (if you go to most kitchens at restaurants, it's a lot of men in there).

so no on cooking school.
Cooking school? I thought the suggestion was to take a cooking class; that's different from cooking school. I've taken cooking classes in the community (Chinese cooking, and other traditions), and there have been no couples there. Young, single women, some recently graduated and liberated from dorm food, others closer to 30 or in their 30's, looking to add something new to their repetoire, a few married women looking for variety. No guys. Cooking classes are a great way for guys to meet single women.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:53 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
Just my opinion and view, but I wonder how many married couples and single women are on here stating how wonderful Seattle is, and how men who are not having good luck meeting women in Seattle, are delusional and that they are too blame. Would enjoy taking a poll strictly of single transplanted men, and see what the results are. Yes, maintaining a positive attitude, and working on one's diet, health, approach, and getting off the internet dating sites and actually going to events and getting involved in activities might be a solution.

Truth is it was easier some years ago, and the current demographics definitely are a factor. And Seattle is a buyers market for single women. And women have become pickier, and harder to date and befriend. And yes, a man must have his triple A game on, in order to succeed in Seattle. These are facts of life and reality in Seattle, and in other places as well, I am sure. Don't judge a single man's experiences in Seattle, unless you have walked a mile in his moccasin's. I don't care what any idealist says, Seattle is tough for single men who have not been born and raised there, and therefore do not have that childhood friend pool of single women to tap into. Nothing to do with whining and everything to do with being candid, and expressing some exasperation because all human beings need recognition, intimacy and companionship, and many men are often deprived of these essential human necessities, thanks to Seattle's arduous dating realm for single men. Many single women in Seattle just have to snap there fingers and their will be a line of men there in a jiffy. Nothing is impossible though, and I would say getting out and getting involved in events and venues, and etc, would be the better approach in Seattle.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 10-08-2015 at 06:03 PM..

Old 10-09-2015, 10:03 AM

735 posts, read 871,684 times
Seattle isn't a wonderful great place to meet women, but hell what city is? Even in DC and NYC you will find plenty of guys complaining about the dating scene. I will say, for the record, I know a guy that met his wife in Alaska while he was up there working, so for all you guys whining (and yes, you are whining) about WA, take a hard look at yourself.

Folkguitar, you are nearing retirement, if I remember correctly and yet you still think and say things like, "single women in Seattle just have to snap there fingers and their will be a line of men there in a jiffy." Along with "Seattle is tough for single men who have not been born and raised there, and therefore do not have that childhood friend pool of single women to tap into." While I usually try to avoid insults, you display so much childish stupidity.

For the first one, I will say *best read in a Darth Vader voice* I find your lack of knowledge, about women at your age, to be disturbing. As for the second quote, no there is not some secret supply of attractive women that only native WA know about. Again, this is classic avoidance.

Normally, when discussions like this comes up on the internet, I am a duck in a rainstorm, bitter comments rolls off my back. Now, as it becomes commonplace for lonely angry guys to take guns into schools, I have had enough of 'men' complaining about how it's always, somehow not their fault that they live these sad pathetic lives.

Let me repeat. It's not Seattle, it's not feminism, it's not the fact that you weren't born and raised here, it's not-insert next excuse-. It is you. Fix yourself, fix your understanding of women and fix your outlook.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:22 AM

735 posts, read 871,684 times
Well, first off I will assume English is not your first language, seeing how you do not know the meaning of quote.

I am not shaming anyone, I am pointing out the truth. Again, it's interesting that you are not only projecting, but refusing to own up to any responsibility.

The only thing that sucks about my life is that I am trying to find acreage in the greater Seattle area. Like I said, normally these idiotic posts don't get to me, but due to current events, it's time for people to try to intervene, even if it's through a forum like CD.

Finally, are you new to the internet? Star Wars and Monty Python quotes make up about half the content out there. Oh, only my nerdy politically sites? Okay, my bad. I apologize.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
All these years and all the threads and websites pertaining to the Seattle freeze, from Seattle schemg website to articles from the Pacific Northwest times and others, to the long running Seattle Freeze thread here on CD, that CD decided to close, all these people can't be imagining things. I would conclude that the PNW most likely does possess a reserved ethos. Maybe some of us are too gregarious and outgoing for the PNW. I understand a man has to have his triple A game in order to meet women in Seattle. I won't deny that. Maybe some of us are just simple, nice guys who don't care to put on such an air, and play such an unnatural game. Maybe it's required. I went back to NJ to take care of my dad, for a year, and had a girlfriend in 2 months. She was slender, petite, and totally cool. I could not duplicate that in 6 years prior, ...in Seattle. I still believe the Seattle Freeze, the demographics, the pompous mentality, are all factors as to why dating is tough for many single men in Seattle. I never said it was impossible. Just tough. Maybe I am not a good fit in Seattle. Who knows. Still a beautiful city and a beautiful part of America. I am sure others have good luck and I wish all well.

http://www.evanmarckatz.com/blog/dat...anywhere-else/

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 10-09-2015 at 06:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area