Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 08:58 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCityGirl View Post
You're definitely correct to note that sushi on the eastside is 'meh'. It's worth a drive into the city.
No love for Oto Sushi? I'm no sushi expert but it feels like a clear step up from the typical sushi place. They have a good mix of American junk-food-sushi (deep fried rolls) and actual sushi. Excellent happy hour prices on food too, though they used to be much much better.

They blew Umi out of the water in my mind. Not in atmosphere, but definitely in price and quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 11:46 AM

811 posts, read 1,146,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
No love for Oto Sushi? I'm no sushi expert but it feels like a clear step up from the typical sushi place. They have a good mix of American junk-food-sushi (deep fried rolls) and actual sushi. Excellent happy hour prices on food too, though they used to be much much better.

They blew Umi out of the water in my mind. Not in atmosphere, but definitely in price and quality.
Garfunkle, I don't know Oto! I'm probably a little (or a lot) out of the loop, having not lived there full-time for a while now. I'll add Oto to the list.

RVD - I just remembered: Since you're on the eastside and having bad luck with Thai food, check out Noodle Boat in Issaquah (on Gilman). It's the real deal. The standards are perfect and they have a large number of straight-from-Thailand dishes that I haven't found elsewhere. The crispy rice curry (I get mine with tofu) is one of my favorite dishes ever. It's owned and run by a Thai family that makes you feel like family when you're in their restaurant. They close down for a month at a time, at least once a year, to go spend time with family and friends in Thailand, so call before you go to make sure they're open.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:25 PM

127 posts, read 165,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCityGirl View Post
Garfunkle, I don't know Oto! I'm probably a little (or a lot) out of the loop, having not lived there full-time for a while now. I'll add Oto to the list.

RVD - I just remembered: Since you're on the eastside and having bad luck with Thai food, check out Noodle Boat in Issaquah (on Gilman). It's the real deal. The standards are perfect and they have a large number of straight-from-Thailand dishes that I haven't found elsewhere. The crispy rice curry (I get mine with tofu) is one of my favorite dishes ever. It's owned and run by a Thai family that makes you feel like family when you're in their restaurant. They close down for a month at a time, at least once a year, to go spend time with family and friends in Thailand, so call before you go to make sure they're open.

Soi in Capitol Hill (not eastside, but ... ) is pretty darn fine northern thai food

Old 12-04-2015, 03:33 PM

127 posts, read 165,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post

seafood - i actually like the alaskan king salmon at elliotts even though it's touristy. ray's boathouse was average. everywhere else (cutter, taylor, etc.) are all the same...basically cheesecake factory quality.

forgot to ask - what was wrong with Taylors? those oysters and shellfish not fresh enough for you?

Seafood at the Brooklyn is pretty good. We love happy hour there. Bargain food and drinks.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:34 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,014 times
maybe i'll check out some of these places. i've also been to bai tong in redmond and it was mediocre. not terrible but not what i would call good either...

Old 12-04-2015, 03:41 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
This thread is taking off...excellent!

Old 12-06-2015, 12:15 PM

10 posts, read 12,726 times
Love our Seattle foods! Highly recommend Canlis and Spinasse mmm mmm mmmmmm! Local Seattle is the best!!

Old 12-07-2015, 05:05 AM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Gorgeous George Mediterranean in the Phinney Ridge area. There is a George, he comes from Nazareth, he is hilarious and his food is exceptional. Try the lamb shawarma and hummus, or his late mother's roasted chicken recipe. Lovely little dining room section as well. Gorgeous George's

Old 12-10-2015, 11:17 AM

811 posts, read 1,146,098 times
New spot! (can't vouch for it personally, yet) Seattle News and Events | Seattle Lands Its First Bona Fide Cheese Bar

"You'd leave your boyfriend for this cheese."

One variety is described as, "sweet, floral, and bathed in beer, just like a prom date you'll never forget."

Ha! I love it! Wine, beer, and fromage? Yes, please!

Old 12-10-2015, 12:05 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
maybe i'll check out some of these places. i've also been to bai tong in redmond and it was mediocre. not terrible but not what i would call good either...
Bai Tong? I can remember when it was a little dinky place on Hwy99 with a huuuuuge weird barrel on the top of the restaurant. That place has always been so-so, I never really understood why it was able to expand and become a chain. It's like Azteca, just bleh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area