Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 12:58 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post
Right? In defense of people complaining about NY-style pizza here though, the stuff I've had out east IS pretty amazing . But I think Seattle has been stepping up it's pizza game in recent years. We've long had some good pan/Greek style spots, and Pagliacci's, but the flood of other styles coming in is a more recent thing.

You'll have to trek to Georgetown (not too far from Boeing field) to try Calozzi's, since the downtown location had to close due to redevelopment. Owner is a great guy from Philly - his brother is actually the one who own's Italian Family Pizza on first hill. The owners of Tat's are also from the Philly/NJ areas - I recommend their "'Tatstrami".
Good to know, thanks! I love Georgetown and am there probably once a week. I will admit, we don't eat out much but do love to try new spots. I will definitely stop by there for lunch one day soon. So I don't sound like a hypocrite, I like Flying Squirrel in Georgetown a lot. I've heard pretty good things about Vince's pizza. I live about a mile and a half from the Burien location so I need to get my butt down there and sample some pies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 02:52 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin42 View Post
Good to know, thanks! I love Georgetown and am there probably once a week. I will admit, we don't eat out much but do love to try new spots. I will definitely stop by there for lunch one day soon. So I don't sound like a hypocrite, I like Flying Squirrel in Georgetown a lot. I've heard pretty good things about Vince's pizza. I live about a mile and a half from the Burien location so I need to get my butt down there and sample some pies.
Flying Squirrel is good! Their Seward Park location is bigger and better than their Georgetown, but whaddya gonna do? Vinces is pretty good. Stay away from their "Neapolitan" pies, and stick to the regular. The Neapolitan pizzas there are undercooked. Nothing worse than white crust.
And yeah, Italian family Pizza(now at Boren and Madison) is quite good. The Calozzi Brothers don't speak to each other, but they both know their way around a kitchen.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:56 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Flying Squirrel is good! Their Seward Park location is bigger and better than their Georgetown, but whaddya gonna do? Vinces is pretty good. Stay away from their "Neapolitan" pies, and stick to the regular. The Neapolitan pizzas there are undercooked. Nothing worse than white crust.
And yeah, Italian family Pizza(now at Boren and Madison) is quite good. The Calozzi Brothers don't speak to each other, but they both know their way around a kitchen.
Good to know Ira, thanks!

Old 05-28-2017, 03:29 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,884,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
folk guitarist. I agree about Indian, I would add Ethiopian, Eritrean, Somalian, Taiwanese, Bangladeshi, Nepalese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Filipino, Cambodian, Thai to the list. I could take you locally to delicious, authentic examples of any of those.
Great choices - you seem to know your food...where would you go for Gambian food?

Old 05-28-2017, 04:49 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Tobester, these guys in Lynnwood are Gambian. I've been there a few times, tasty: https://m.yelp.com/biz/bantaba-afric...ant-lynnwood-2

Old 05-30-2017, 06:15 PM

336 posts, read 575,344 times
My son took me to Brooklyn Brothers Pizza in Everett. Pretty tasty

Old 05-31-2017, 01:24 PM

191 posts, read 161,274 times
I'm from New York (Albany, father worked in NYC, visited a lot) and I really like Hot Mama's in Capital Hill:

700 Pine St, Seattle, WA 98122

It's been a few years so maybe my taste buds have died (it's certainly not quite as thin and crispy), but it's much better than the candied pizza crap I had to eat when I lived in DC. Gosh, DC-MD-VA pizza sucked. You'd think "a pizza oven is a pizza oven", but it's been really damn hard finding a good slice since leaving.

I wasn't a big fan of Brooklyn Bros. Everett. Home Run in Everett is okay, but not really NYC style. Kinda liked Lombardi's in Everett, but they were much different - full roasted garlic cloves on the pizza and other large toppings. Yum. Made up for the soggy-ish crust.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:29 PM

Oh, my goodness! I forgot about Delanceys!!!! Best food I've ever eaten. Holy crap. I walked to Un Bien down the road for a Carribean Sandwich right after and almost died out of delight.

I wouldn't call it NYC style pizza, though. It's posh designer/botique pizza. Nothing like the $3.50 slices back east, with that unique slightly-greasy-cornmeal-char on the bottom of thin crispy crust sensation..... My mouth is watering now, thanks

Old 05-31-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Pagliacci's is edilble,...but true blue Brooklyn, NYC, thin crust style, authentic Italian pizza is non existent in Seattle. There is one place in Everett called Brooklyn Brothers which is half way decent. Actually the whole food scene, in western WA, is pretty poor. The only good food in Seattle is the Indian restaurant's, even the chinese in Seattle is not great. People in Seattle think Dicks hamburgers is great burgers...and that buckets of corn syrup dumped over dark meat chicken (teriyaki) is fabulous. LIke I said beautiful city, but the food is sub par imo.
seattle.eater.com

Be prepared to spend a pretty penny, but Un Bien, Stock, Delancey's, Cafe Munir (chefs choice), Burgundians (brunch), ... yum

Old 06-07-2017, 09:28 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Just went to the Independent Pizzeria in Madison Park the other evening. As good as pizza in Brooklyn? No, but pretty damn tasty, relaxed vibe down by the lake too. Here is the link: The Independent Pizzeria

Last edited by homesinseattle; 06-07-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area