Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:52 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
I can't remember the last time I saw someone here in Birkenstocks with socks.
My aforementioned friend, who is early 70s, has adopted this fashion statement.

Another thing I find really strange in Seattle area is the water rights thing...not sure if that is what you call it. I’ve lived in the east and Midwest, and always could hook up to a water source, either municipal or well, wherever I darn pleased. How can a state where it rains all the time have water shortage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 12:47 PM

213 posts, read 404,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
oh please like Alabama, SC and the rest of the red states are some kind of utopia.
Yes, everybody knows that the red states suck. Except, perhaps, the millions who live in these states and like where they live.

I am a moderately liberal/progressive person who lives in Alabama and loves it. Sure, the state politics are crazy, but that is no big deal. Particularly since I live in an urban area that is quite progressive (you know, it's that "blue dot in a sea of red" thing - a frequent bumper sticker around these parts).

For me, the positives here far outweigh the negatives. I feel fortunate to have found this place and appreciate the many good things that are part of my life here.

Once upon a time I lived in Seattle and loved that place also. Some of the fondest memories of earlier times are remembrances of Seattle. But that time was long before the city became the dazzling star of the Northwest, with all that explosive growth.

I still have friends and family in the Seattle area and have periodically gone back to visit. And while I always enjoyed the immense beauty that surrounds Seattle, on my last few visits there were hassles that would be difficult to put up with on a daily basis - the crowds, the congestion, the traffic, the high cost of things, etc. It was also shocking to learn what people were paying for relatively mundane middle class housing, and that situation appears to be forever getting worse.

In my mind Seattle still is in many ways a fabulous city. It's obvious there are tons of people who want to live there (as they continuously pour in by the tens of thousands). But I believe in the truism You can't go back. I would not return there to live.

Instead I will just keep savoring the beautiful life I have in this beautiful place - Sweet Home Alabama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area