Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 11:33 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone has eaten at the taco truck on 12th and King Street. I have been going there for lunches for a couple of years and within the last couple of months have felt unsafe during the day. Numerous times total nutcases talking and screaming to themselves are in the area and these people are dangerous deranged. There is very little police presence there.

I have a concealed gun permit and will be looking at buying my 1st firearm soon. Many parts of Seattle are downright dangerous now. Lets not kid ourselves the homeless problem is getting worse and worse. I feel sorry for the business that have to deal with these problems day in and day out, I would be very worried about my safety all the time in the area. The homeless and mental cases have ruined Chinatown in a way.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/12...4d-122.3171814

Last edited by 87112; 02-17-2019 at 11:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 12:57 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Seems to have more in vagrants in the area. I normally stop at one on the Vietnamese delis for a combo or sandwich for my meal on Amtrak.. So the tacos pretty good?

Old 02-18-2019, 06:54 AM

The food is just as good as the places in Tijuana. The stand would be missed if its ever goes away.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:24 PM

8,865 posts, read 6,869,333 times
The type of guy who's scared of random crazies on the street is not the sort I'd trust with a gun.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:06 PM

234 posts, read 162,097 times
Homeless and druggie nutcases in Seattle you say???? Nothing to see here.....move along. Always been that way

Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
The type of guy who's scared of random crazies on the street is not the sort I'd trust with a gun.

I like my chances with a gun. Sorry if this offends Seattle liberals like you who rather hug a nutcase vs protecting youself.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:42 PM

14,486 posts, read 12,114,400 times
I would recommend a book Titled "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob.

It's a good book for thinking through all of the important considerations we should think through before carrying concealed weapons.

One takeaway I got from the book is we should arm ourselves to defend against unpredictable and unavoidable risks... We should not arm ourselves in order to willingly walk into a situation where we believe we might actually need it.

There is a subtle difference in perspective there that is important. FWIW, most people understand the difference the moment they are actually armed. Far from feeling emboldened in risky areas, it makes most people more alert and risk avoiding than they were before...

Old 02-19-2019, 03:53 PM

806 posts, read 604,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Wondering if anyone has eaten at the taco truck on 12th and King Street. I have been going there for lunches for a couple of years and within the last couple of months have felt unsafe during the day. Numerous times total nutcases talking and screaming to themselves are in the area and these people are dangerous deranged. There is very little police presence there.

I have a concealed gun permit and will be looking at buying my 1st firearm soon. Many parts of Seattle are downright dangerous now. Lets not kid ourselves the homeless problem is getting worse and worse. I feel sorry for the business that have to deal with these problems day in and day out, I would be very worried about my safety all the time in the area. The homeless and mental cases have ruined Chinatown in a way.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/12...4d-122.3171814
That general area has been sketchy if not flat out dangerous for a while frankly. I used to park close to there for Sounders matches and stopped after someone was stabbed and killed by a maniac homeless guy after one of the matches.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:32 PM

8,865 posts, read 6,869,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I like my chances with a gun. Sorry if this offends Seattle liberals like you who rather hug a nutcase vs protecting youself.
I've complained on this very board about how we coddle crazies and bums.

As for protecting myself, any grownup (men at least) can walk down the street and be protected by their own smarts and actions, without a crutch, even with the crazies around.

Skittish types like you tend to act out of fear, and pull their guns when their lives aren't being threatened. That's when things get out of hand.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I would recommend a book Titled "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob.

It's a good book for thinking through all of the important considerations we should think through before carrying concealed weapons.

One takeaway I got from the book is we should arm ourselves to defend against unpredictable and unavoidable risks... We should not arm ourselves in order to willingly walk into a situation where we believe we might actually need it.

There is a subtle difference in perspective there that is important. FWIW, most people understand the difference the moment they are actually armed. Far from feeling emboldened in risky areas, it makes most people more alert and risk avoiding than they were before...

Thank you Diana Holbrook for bringing an intelligent post about the topic of self defense. It is a book I will read before I buy my 1st firearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: