Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 11:59 AM

606 posts, read 419,977 times

Advertisements

This is just as bad as nyc. I've also seen posts in nyc for rooms that now require you to have good credit and good income, which makes zero sense to me. Not sure why anyone with good income and credit would want a room as opposed to an apartment.

If WA or Seattle started imposing an income tax then it would be just as bad as San Fran or NYC. It's at least a good thing there isn't that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 12:16 PM

806 posts, read 605,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezia View Post
This is just as bad as nyc. I've also seen posts in nyc for rooms that now require you to have good credit and good income, which makes zero sense to me. Not sure why anyone with good income and credit would want a room as opposed to an apartment.

If WA or Seattle started imposing an income tax then it would be just as bad as San Fran or NYC. It's at least a good thing there isn't that.
Which is why more people are leaving Seattle than moving there these days. There is an income tax in Seattle now if you earn enough. Seattle has nothing on New York or San Fran as far as being a city. It’s great if you like to ski and go camping though and don’t mind short days with no sunlight.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:21 PM

606 posts, read 419,977 times
I never really see any major posts about people leaving in droves (I could be wrong) like they are here in nyc (we are supposedly losing 130 ppl a day). Btw what's the income threshold before one starts getting an income tax?

Old 03-29-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I never really see any major posts about people leaving in droves (I could be wrong) like they are here in nyc (we are supposedly losing 130 ppl a day). Btw what's the income threshold before one starts getting an income tax?
I think it’s household 250k. I left before it was enacted so not sure. I know people are fleeing NYC which is too bad. I am originally from Brooklyn so miss what it used to be like there. You should also check out Portland if you are set on the Pacific Northwest.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:51 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,194,421 times
Quote:

Getting a room opposed to an apartment is great when relocating. Most apartments don't have month to month agreements. They want a 6-12 month lease. So renting a room and bath for a month or 2 is convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myname_isborat View Post
I think it’s household 250k. I left before it was enacted so not sure. I know people are fleeing NYC which is too bad. I am originally from Brooklyn so miss what it used to be like there. You should also check out Portland if you are set on the Pacific Northwest.
Companies to. Lot's of big financial companies are closing up their data centers in Manhattan and moving them to NJ. Manhattan is to expensive and has very little room for expansion.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:06 PM

1,305 posts, read 857,033 times
Quote:
I believe the Seattle income tax proposal was ruled unconstitutional, but may still be in the courts.....anyone who knows more, correct me if I'm wrong! No longer in Seattle, so not on top of everything...

As for growth rate...slowing, but not dead yet.....
https://www.psrc.org/sites/default/f...ion-201808.pdf

Old 03-29-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I believe the Seattle income tax proposal was ruled unconstitutional, but may still be in the courts.....anyone who knows more, correct me if I'm wrong! No longer in Seattle, so not on top of everything...

As for growth rate...slowing, but not dead yet.....
https://www.psrc.org/sites/default/f...ion-201808.pdf
It looks like you are right. It's in limbo and has not been enacted yet.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...es-income-tax/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area