Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 10:10 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times

Advertisements

The whole “bbbbbut Trump encouraged his supporters to____(fill in the blank)” is not holding much water when “their side” really didn’t do anything extreme or violent (Not saying him encouraging such stupidity is a good idea or justified), yet “your side” is out there committing acts of violence and treason; but I suppose that doesn’t matter as long as they check the same letter box as you in primary day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 10:10 PM

142 posts, read 205,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Well, that's not what happened now is it?

I'd put the cops nose to nose with them, but do nothing further.
I wouldn't put the cops anywhere near them.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:17 PM

131 posts, read 97,250 times
Anyone see Tucker Carlson's opening tonight? He spoke about a new, emerging nation - Chaz! God, that was hilarious. He cautioned though that one cannot book travel to Chaz on Expedia...yet.

Someone posted it on a new thread in this forum: "Seattle gives birth to the World's 196th country!"

Old 06-11-2020, 10:42 PM

1,913 posts, read 739,234 times
My question is: why are Leftists in their precious urban enclaves suddenly determined to destroy them? It's like Jonestown at a national level.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:53 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Here are two of the least concerned citizens and two of the weakest people I have ever seen...

https://komonews.com/news/local/mayo...-east-precinct.

The Mayor and the Chief of Police....to say they are lame is too give lame a bad name.

Negotiating with them? These aren't decent citizens, they are terrorists and need to be treated as such. They need to understand this kind of crap isn't going to be allowed and has major consequences. If foreign radicals took over a few blocks in any city in America, we wouldn't be trying to "negotiate" a return of that land, we would be forcibly taking it from them and imprisoning the criminals afterwards.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Negotiating with them? These aren't decent citizens, they are terrorists and need to be treated as such. They need to understand this kind of crap isn't going to be allowed and has major consequences. If foreign radicals took over a few blocks in any city in America, we wouldn't be trying to "negotiate" a return of that land, we would be forcibly taking it from them and imprisoning the criminals afterwards.
Did that happen with Malheur? Armed right wing radicals took over Malheur for six weeks and they were acquitted. They won the support of right wingers everywhere even though they foolishly started "begging for snacks" due to their poor planning. The occupation turned half the county against the other and Ammon Bundy went back to Idaho. Don't make it sound like right wingers don't protest.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:28 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Did that happen with Malheur? Armed right wing radicals took over Malheur for six weeks and they were acquitted. They won the support of right wingers everywhere even though they foolishly started "begging for snacks" due to their poor planning. The occupation turned half the county against the other and Ammon Bundy went back to Idaho. Don't make it sound like right wingers don't protest.
You are making an assumption. I have never said that right-wingers didn't protest. What has happened here has gone beyond protest and is basically terrorism and anarchy. Go in, arrest them and re-establish authority in your own city. Malheur was also not a protest either and was basically domestic terrorism and shouldn't have been tolerated.

You mistakenly made the assumption that I was here to beat up on left-wing extremists while ignoring acts perpretated by right-wing extremists. Both groups are essentially anarchists who want to cause chaos in society. Showing weakness and negotiating with them only gives them legitimacy, convinces them that they are right and encourages this type of extremist behavior in the future.

Old 06-12-2020, 02:07 AM

606 posts, read 419,615 times
Quote:
Washington is not a red state outside of Seattle. Saying it doesn’t make it true. In fact, Seattle sends those rural counties, 33 of them, $3 billion a year because they can’t pay their own bills. Crazy, radical Seattle pays the bills.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/20...lts/washington

https://www.politico.com/2020-electi...ts/washington/

Really? This map suggests differently. Clearly most of the Democrat votes are concentrated in the more populous areas.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html

I suggest you look at the numbers of the votes compared to population. Jefferson County for example had about 5,000 votes for Biden compared to its population of 30,000. Seems right leaning to me.

Also this article below suggests the budget deficits for Seattle will be particularly bad and likely harder to meet, especially as businesses close.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...get-city-says/

Old 06-12-2020, 07:27 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezia View Post
https://www.politico.com/2020-electi...ts/washington/

Really? This map suggests differently. Clearly most of the Democrat votes are concentrated in the more populous areas.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html

I suggest you look at the numbers of the votes compared to population. Jefferson County for example had about 5,000 votes for Biden compared to its population of 30,000. Seems right leaning to me.

Also this article below suggests the budget deficits for Seattle will be particularly bad and likely harder to meet, especially as businesses close.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...get-city-says/
Land doesn’t vote. People vote. Trump only got 36% from the entire state. And boohoo, maybe 33 mostly rural counties won’t get $3 billion dollars from Seattle this year. Maybe they will have to support themselves without Seattle’s money.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:06 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Land doesn’t vote. People vote. Trump only got 36% from the entire state. And boohoo, maybe 33 mostly rural counties won’t get $3 billion dollars from Seattle this year. Maybe they will have to support themselves without Seattle’s money.
Now Durkan and Best are denying they ordered the police station to be surrendered. I watched her on the tele last night (Durkan). I can't imagine a more conscientiously stupid person if I tried.

Get ready. The big dog is coming to town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area