Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 07:10 PM

15,928 posts, read 6,634,610 times

Advertisements

Seattle’s HDT Bio to start U.S. clinical trials of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate

Interesting news about a locally-developed RNA-based vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 12:05 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 335,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
No, actually it's not unethical whatsoever, because we're talking about a lives-saving vaccine, that is safe, and especially in the context with all this misinformation and conspiracy nonsense surrounding it. Just like it wouldn't be unethical to encourage or incentivize fellow humans to get screened for cancer, just because some percentage of people out there might be nuts opposed to modern medical technology or whatever.
New covid vaccines are dangerous and have killed or permanently damaged uncountable people. There's nothing conspiracy theorist about the countless videos online of people having nasty reactions, hidden and censored by the media.

You cannot compare cancer screenings to forcing vaccines onto people who clearly don't want them. So someone is nuts because they simply want to be left alone and not drink the kool aid? Then covidists are like salem witch hunters from the 17th century.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:42 AM

1,369 posts, read 719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
New covid vaccines are dangerous and have killed or permanently damaged uncountable people.
Yeah, and if I came to you and said that the vaccines had saved 'uncountable people's lives' there's no way you would believe me.

It is CERTAINLY true that vaccines cause extremely rare, adverse reactions. It is perfectly natural for an individual to think 'well, even if it's extremely low, the chance would be ZERO if I didn't take the vaccine.'

They wouldn't be wrong. But the flip side of the coin is.... the pandemic. If you don't get vaccinated, you WILL get COVID19 because it's highly transmissible. As with almost ALL vaccines, there is not 100% efficacy, thus the more aggressive variants will 'vaccinate' you in due course, even though the rest of us are doing our best to protect ourselves and you. Especially since many of those who vaccinate refuse to do the other things that help against COVID spread. And if you overemphasize the rare dangers of vaccines , but refuse to believe the very obvious evidence that shows that COVID is deadly, then you are just acting out your fears. And you have that right.

But the rest of us have the right, via government, to incentivize vaccine uptake, as well as to provide private (and public) organizations the legal backing to mandate vaccinations and/or masks IF you want to participate in the activities of those organizations.

So, complain all you want, there will be restrictions until the pandemic is quashed.

And if the virus goes away earlier than expected, or we get a powerful drug against it, you may come out of this unvaccinated, but at that point, the rest of us will not care, so bully for you. We've already fought and won this argument.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:50 AM

11,092 posts, read 6,041,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
New covid vaccines are dangerous and have killed or permanently damaged uncountable people. There's nothing conspiracy theorist about the countless videos online of people having nasty reactions, hidden and censored by the media.

You cannot compare cancer screenings to forcing vaccines onto people who clearly don't want them. So someone is nuts because they simply want to be left alone and not drink the kool aid? Then covidists are like salem witch hunters from the 17th century.
If they were uncountable, then how do you know about them?

Anyway, what I have done lately is to have my first vaccine dose. Yesterday in fact. I'll let y'all know if it kills me or makes me very sick. So far I am having the expected reactions, those being a slight 'soreness' in my shoulder (very slight - I'm only aware of it when I think about it and look for it) and a slight light headedness. Very mild actually. I expect the second dose to be a lot more noticeable.

Old 07-04-2021, 03:12 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,310,007 times
Hmmm. The choice here was to coerce the choices of others with propaganda.

And if you're a Trump supporter, you're a hypocrite. His followers congratulated him for his efforts in getting the vaccine to market so quickly. Those same people then choose not to follow that which they praised so greatly the efforts to attain it. The statistics on this are clear.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:59 AM

230 posts, read 98,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Hmmm. The choice here was to coerce the choices of others with propaganda.

And if you're a Trump supporter, you're a hypocrite. His followers congratulated him for his efforts in getting the vaccine to market so quickly. Those same people then choose not to follow that which they praised so greatly the efforts to attain it. The statistics on this are clear.

Also Trump supports the LGBTQZ movement, he has held the rainbow flag with pride. He is NOT a conservative and yet is the leading figurehead of the "conservative" movement.

The Republican party is not conservative.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:48 AM

115 posts, read 58,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Over 150 million people in the US have had full dosage of the vaccine, which has kept them safe from the disease, and they're fine. If you're not going to get the vaccine because of an example of someone dying after getting the vaccine (which may or may not be related to the vaccine), that's completely ridiculous.

People die in plane and car and train crashes- so, is that a rational reason to not use those means of transportation, and walk from NY to LA?
Chill with the condescension.

And you didn't address anything in my post - namely, my cousin who had no comorbidities, but after her 2nd dose, could not use her body for three months and now, she's on chemo meds to treat a "mystery illness" with no cause while her doctors refused to attribute it to a reaction to the vaccine.

Or how about my dad who, after his first shot of Moderna, developed myositis in his back and had to call out of work for a time, followed by months of physical therapy?

I could add quite a few personal anecdotes, especially of teenaged children, whose lives have been permanently altered after their vaccine shots or countless women describing drastic mensuration changes (which are a big deal) and pain, but you and others like you would assume it's a lie or would grasp at straws to find another explanation. This is what I can't stand about proponents of the current COVID vaccines: there's a lack of critical thinking or willingness to consider ppl who don't share your opinion.

"Kept them safe" from the virus is relative. Vaccinated folks were still being infected, spreading the virus, being hospitalized and in some cases, dying from COVID even before Delta/D+ started making the rounds in the US.

And don't assume. I won't be taking the current vaccines on the market because testing requirements were relaxed under Trump and continue to be, they are 3X less efficacious in the face of the delta variant (UK data), I have an autoimmune illness and most likely will not benefit from mrna vaccines and I have no interest in being a guinea pig for Pfizer's "rolling" FDA approval submission with no recourse for medical bills or job loss should I have the same reaction those in my family have had. I'd rather take my chances with COVID as an O-blood carrier or wait for an attenuated vaccine.

Also, your last line "people die in plane and car blah blah blah" is what COVID deniers used to say at the beginning of the pandemic. You should think about that.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpiri View Post
Vaccinated folks were still being infected, spreading the virus, being hospitalized and in some cases, dying from COVID even before Delta/D+ started making the rounds in the US.
All of my family and friends have been vaccinated with no side effects, so your anecdotes seem... improbable. Or at least highly unlucky. (As do many of the other supposed anecdotes by the anti-vaxxer group.) But this statement is misleading. People still get injured and die in vehicle accidents while wearing seat belts and being protected by air bags. Does that mean you shouldn't bother? No it does not. Studies continue to show that vaccinated folks have (often significantly) lower risk of getting the virus, infecting others, or dying of COVID-19.

Almost All U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Now in the Unvaccinated

I prefer to stick with the facts, rather than the fish stories.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:30 PM

5 posts, read 1,781 times
https://youtu.be/LwE2ZeuUyXo

Very interesting clip by WhatsHerFace.

Dr. Malone, pioneer of mRNA therapy, just came out publicly with serious concerns about the "vaccines".

His name is now being scrubbed from his own field of expertise.

Orwellian tactics=enforced disinformation campaign

Old 07-04-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberofCuldi View Post
https://youtu.be/LwE2ZeuUyXo

Very interesting clip by WhatsHerFace.

Dr. Malone, pioneer of mRNA therapy, just came out publicly with serious concerns about the "vaccines".

His name is now being scrubbed from his own field of expertise.

Orwellian tactics=enforced disinformation campaign
His concern is about the government's supposed lack of transparency over the vaccine. His isn't actually discouraging their use, but rather he wants everybody to have the complete picture before deciding. Which, basically, is a scientific perspective rather than a political one. In that case I disagree with his censorship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area