Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 10:39 AM

3,710 posts, read 2,444,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
And I don't mind you wearing a mask. I don't mind anyone choosing to or not. What I mind is that said assessment of risk is for some reason not fully an individual choice yet, while we have a widely available vaccine, and have had plenty of time now for everyone to receive the vaccine. I feel like it's time to move on from this chapter, let everyone make their own choices, and let the chips fall. There's always some degree of danger, from all kinds of things, but as long as it's not a high degree (at least for the vaccinated), then we should drop all requirements and let everyone assess their own risk, as you are doing.
Move on from the Delta chapter?

Fair enough.

The Unvaxxed will get run over.....But again, I don't have sympathy for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 10:39 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,871,567 times
Pfizer CEO said last week that vaccine efficacy drops 4-6 months after second dose. As was planned/expected. No matter your vaccine stance, worth purchasing Pfizer stock in case they can make this into a 50 year business. Disclosure: I own some.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ix-months.html

Quote:
The good news is that we are very, very confident that a third dose, a booster, will take up the immune response to levels that will be enough to protect against the delta variant. Pfizer plans to formally submit data to U.S. regulators about the benefits of a third Covid vaccine dose by mid-August.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:08 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,310,422 times
What's ironic to me about all this is that I had the flu, like 6 years ago, and it was indeed the worst week of my life. But then it was over after a week, and I was fine and life went back to normal.

I never had covid-19, but it ravaged my life for a year and a half. I had just moved to Seattle, had all these plans, and everything had to get cancelled. I paid all this Seattle rent to be near locations and amenities that I never got to enjoy.

And had to wear a mask for over a year... ok, no big deal. Had to schedule vaccine appointments and get my shots... ok, glad to.

Again, I'm just mentally done with this chapter. We shouldn't have restrictions in order to protect voluntarily unvaccinated. I'm ready to move on and back to normal, unless it's a major risk to me or responsible people. I'm not seeing that it is.

Glad we've made progress towards that end, but it's frustrating to me if we're holding back on getting fully back to normal because of potential danger to people who choose not to get vaccinated. Let them deal with that risk.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:55 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,702,133 times
Quote:
What's ironic to me about all this is that I had the flu, like 6 years ago, and it was indeed the worst week of my life. But then it was over after a week, and I was fine and life went back to normal.

I never had covid-19, but it ravaged my life for a year and a half. I had just moved to Seattle, had all these plans, and everything had to get cancelled. I paid all this Seattle rent to be near locations and amenities that I never got to enjoy.

And had to wear a mask for over a year... ok, no big deal. Had to schedule vaccine appointments and get my shots... ok, glad to.

Again, I'm just mentally done with this chapter. We shouldn't have restrictions in order to protect voluntarily unvaccinated. I'm ready to move on and back to normal, unless it's a major risk to me or responsible people. I'm not seeing that it is.

Glad we've made progress towards that end, but it's frustrating to me if we're holding back on getting fully back to normal because of potential danger to people who choose not to get vaccinated. Let them deal with that risk.
I remember when you felt a little different a few months ago. You were still about wearing the masks in places like the elevator and such and a little less sympathetic towards the individuals like me that were ripping off the damn mask as soon as I was vaccinated and it was permitted (I guess this would have been sometime in April or early May).

LOL But you clearly are over it now.

I'm not passing judgement (sincerely). It's an observation. Most of the time people seem to dig in their heels with their beliefs. The people that were gloom and doom are starting to come back (that davin? guy.. the one who can't write to save their life? He's back...). The conspiracy theorists (although I feel like things are more and more going in their favor with all this CDC and "expert" whiplash). It's not all that often I see people's feelings, beliefs or behaviors change.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,310,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I remember when you felt a little different a few months ago.
Yeah, you mean when the situation was different? When the vaccine was just rolling out, and many people hadn't gotten their second dose yet?

And even then, I was just as anxious as you to stop wearing the mask, and around July 1 I completely stopped, except where required.

Just saying I'm not understanding why at this point in time, there are still some mask requirements and other restrictions for vaccinated people, and more things aren't fully open, yet.

Since we can't make the unvaccinated take their shots, and they've had plenty of time to do so.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I read earlier (Yahoo?) that 25% of LA infections are in vaccinated people. I also read elsewhere that the vaccinated people infected with Covid have the same viral load as infected non-vaccinated.
75 percent in MA. And four of five people who were hospitalized were fully vaccinated! Good news if you skipped I guess.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/202...eak-cdc-finds/

Last edited by usernametaken; 07-31-2021 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-31-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Just saying I'm not understanding why at this point in time, there are still some mask requirements and other restrictions for vaccinated people, and more things aren't fully open, yet.
The answer to and meaning of life is Camel's Nose:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel%27s_nose

Old 07-31-2021, 12:38 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,702,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
75 percent in MA. And four of five people who were hospitalized were fully vaccinated! Good news if you skipped I guess.

[url]https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2021/07/30/vaccinated-people-made-up-three-quarters-of-those-infected-in-massive-massachusetts-covid-19-outbreak-cdc-finds/[/url]
Wow! That blows my referenced article out of the water! Damn....

Old 07-31-2021, 12:59 PM

372 posts, read 310,521 times
Quote:
Wow! That blows my referenced article out of the water! Damn....

Old 07-31-2021, 01:01 PM

372 posts, read 310,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
And that's the attitude everyone should have.

Such selfishness by the that don't care about others.
Someday you’ll come to grips with the reality that there are lots of people that don’t care about others.

Maybe then, you’ll chill out and stop wanting everyone to have the same attitude that you claim to have. That is selfish itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area