Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 10:18 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,195,665 times

Advertisements

* Weather is perfect
* People are chill
* Outdoor life is vastly greater than the east coast
* The professional sports scene here is 2nd to none!
* Scenery is second to none!
* Geography in Western Washington is second to none!
* Washington wines and beers are all I need
* Weather is perfect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 10:39 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,429,168 times
The graffiti is getting out of control. Even the 99 tunnel now has graffiti. Hate to see what it looks like in another year, would be awful looking sitting in traffic. And does no one sweep the interstates? Trash is literally overfilling into the highway lanes on I-5 around downtown.

Agree with your other points.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:45 PM

15,873 posts, read 6,573,652 times
Yeah, it's smokin'.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:36 AM

7,542 posts, read 17,255,430 times
Agree I've been here 4.5 years and it's still my idea of a really great city. Urban development in the city proper that is unrivaled in the South/Midwest/West except for Chicago and SF. Proximity to amazing outdoors. Great, truly great weather. Excellent public transit (relative to the US). Lots of retail and services options.

I think a lot of folks complaining probably grew up here or somewhere with high levels of services. I grew up in the middle of nowhere and this place is great. Our highway/roadway ditches were also full of trash thrown out by rednecks. So, that's just everywhere.

Old 09-09-2021, 01:09 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,333,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
* Weather is perfect
* People are chill
* Weather is perfect
I agree with the above, as pertaining to the forum heading "Seattle Area", just not to the city itself. I still do like the night time lights of the city approaching on the ferry, but in the daytime, the cardboard and blue tarp tents, trash and graffiti are not what I consider good scenery.

Old 09-09-2021, 01:34 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,255,430 times
You do know the city is pretty big yeah? Ever been to Leschi? Queen Anne? Sand Point? Seward Park?...

Old 09-09-2021, 05:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,333,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
You do know the city is pretty big yeah? Ever been to Leschi? Queen Anne? Sand Point? Seward Park?...
Of course, I work in Seattle and have since 1993. There are still some nice places but you have to go through other places to get there.

Old 09-09-2021, 05:31 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,277,247 times
I'll soon be hitting my 2 year mark, and overall I love it here, despite most of my time unfortunately being Covid times. And despite the homelessness big issue.

Climate is amazing for the most part, especially moving here from the humid southeast. Summers usually in the 70's, and yet there is still a fall here as well, with leaves and some color. And winter feels like winter but is also mild. Good that the overcast and wet season is winter when it's dark half the time anyway. The other 3 seasons are great, so not a bad deal.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:27 PM

240 posts, read 196,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
* Weather is perfect
* People are chill
* Weather is perfect
Been here for 5 years and agree with all points.. the biggest concern from other forum members seems to be homelessness and graffiti in downtown area, with proper attention those can be fixed within 3-6 months. If these 2 areas are fixed, Seattle will be even better than Vancouver BC, since the job market is much stronger here. Some add in housing price, but to be realistic, real estate is high in all big metros be it Boston, Washington DC, San Francisco or Toronto-- the only exception are the southern cities with lot of land..

Old 09-12-2021, 08:24 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,195,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquetraveler View Post
Been here for 5 years and agree with all points.. the biggest concern from other forum members seems to be homelessness and graffiti in downtown area, with proper attention those can be fixed within 3-6 months. If these 2 areas are fixed, Seattle will be even better than Vancouver BC, since the job market is much stronger here. Some add in housing price, but to be realistic, real estate is high in all big metros be it Boston, Washington DC, San Francisco or Toronto-- the only exception are the southern cities with lot of land..
Im 15 miles east of Seattle proper. Any big city has graffiti. Some more than others. All cities have homeless to. Only difference between east coast and west coast homeless is the use of tents. That was a shocker for me. Seeing tents everywhere is a real eye opener.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area