Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 01:53 PM

508 posts, read 459,968 times

Advertisements

I am conservative and live in Kirkland. Unfortunately, I have no clue what the rest of the city is thinking. We have a lot of transplants so it's really hard to say. My entire Jewish family living in WA State are conservative (shocking, I know), except for my millennial daughter. She'll believe anything the media tells her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 03:12 PM

8,072 posts, read 8,374,563 times
North Bend?

Old 07-14-2022, 06:48 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,243,796 times
Burlington/Mt. Vernon, Sedro-Woolley, Everett, Marysville, Snohomish, Lake Stevens, Monroe, Sultan, Duvall, Carnation, Fall City, Snoqualmie, North Bend, Black Diamond, Maple Valley, Covington, Auburn, Sumner, Puyallup/South Hill, Roy, Yelm, Bremerton, Silverdale.

There are no bastions of conservatism in Western Washington (except possibly Vancouver?) but those towns/cities are pretty mixed and very live and let live.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:01 PM

1,348 posts, read 708,041 times
move to eastern wa nowhereville

Old 07-20-2022, 05:34 PM

13,079 posts, read 7,523,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orghiplove View Post
Budget is around 1M. I was under the impression that most of the east suburbs were more conservative than Seattle proper? Perhaps I’m not describing very well. We’re not conservative in a religious or social way, but lean conservative fiscally and we also don’t want to deal with mask mandates.
I've been out and about recently; Most people mask up on the buses and LINK. A good number masked in indoor shopping. No one says anything-MYOB.
A lot of food workers, mask up.
I noticed, today, that Everyone in doctor's office, masked up. Requirement for service. The personnel in doctors' office are double masked.
I'm in Redmond's Library, personnel are masked. Most patrons are not masked. I am masked.
People who are buying homes have saved and invested wisely to afford homes on the Eastside.
Lot of BEV cars. I see a smattering of Ford BEV F150's.
Public HS have obscene # of NMS.
Private HS have really obscene # of NMS.
Very diverse population. More dogs than children. Smaller dogs are popular.
WFH is probably here to stay. Maybe will end up as 2days/week maximum, in the office. Microsoft/Amazon are rethinking their buildings and work space requirements-and they have spent a lot of dough in acquiring properties and putting up buildings-See SeattleTimes Newspaper, and others.
I am retired, IMO.
YMMV

Old 07-20-2022, 07:40 PM

addendum:
QFC @ Bella Bogetta, few are masked employees and shoppers.

Old 07-23-2022, 01:04 AM

240 posts, read 195,902 times
I feel that. it's unfortunate that the country is reaching a state, where people are looking for a residence just based on political beliefs. This shows how citizens are moving to the two fringes, either ultra-left or ultra-light. Extremely polarized..

I am personally fiscally conservative (small government, less debt, lower involvement in personal life etc.) and socially liberal (women's abortion rights, environmental protection, stricter gun control) But there are many areas that span across the spectrum, for example, I absolutely support an increase in # of police, improving law and order, and removing homeless camps and graffiti. But at the same time, I am also supportive of stricter background checks and limiting the use of automated weapons, to make schools and public areas safer. When it comes to protecting the environment, my head is towards gradual progression. A policy that allows onshore drilling while subsidizing and encouraging modern technology like nuclear, hydro, and solar. This protects the jobs while also moving us towards a better future.

But in today's dynamics, one cannot even discuss the topics and be intellectually honest. If you say that you support an increase in the # of police, you are labeled as a right-wing/ Trump supporter on the other hand if you say that you support gun control, you are labeled as a progressive/ ultra-liberal nut job, working against the constitution.

Last edited by uniquetraveler; 07-23-2022 at 01:20 AM..

Old 07-23-2022, 11:01 AM

^Totally agree.

Old 07-27-2022, 03:25 PM

865 posts, read 1,828,605 times
As someone who has been dreaming of moving to Washington nearly my entire life, and googling the political leanings of the various towns to make sure I don't go "too east," this thread is very comforting.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:05 PM

30 posts, read 60,889 times
I agree with many things you say. The issue is you may be a principled conservative, but the candidates to vote for are from an increasingly extremist pool--the insane election-denying, anti-science, anti-lots-of-people, misogynistic nonsense that masquerades as "conservative thought" is poisoning a good chunk of the population and makes it really difficult to have a good conservation with someone who calls themselves conservative, because at the end of the day, who do they vote for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquetraveler View Post
I feel that. it's unfortunate that the country is reaching a state, where people are looking for a residence just based on political beliefs. This shows how citizens are moving to the two fringes, either ultra-left or ultra-light. Extremely polarized..

I am personally fiscally conservative (small government, less debt, lower involvement in personal life etc.) and socially liberal (women's abortion rights, environmental protection, stricter gun control) But there are many areas that span across the spectrum, for example, I absolutely support an increase in # of police, improving law and order, and removing homeless camps and graffiti. But at the same time, I am also supportive of stricter background checks and limiting the use of automated weapons, to make schools and public areas safer. When it comes to protecting the environment, my head is towards gradual progression. A policy that allows onshore drilling while subsidizing and encouraging modern technology like nuclear, hydro, and solar. This protects the jobs while also moving us towards a better future.

But in today's dynamics, one cannot even discuss the topics and be intellectually honest. If you say that you support an increase in the # of police, you are labeled as a right-wing/ Trump supporter on the other hand if you say that you support gun control, you are labeled as a progressive/ ultra-liberal nut job, working against the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area