Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:20 PM

710 posts, read 1,399,273 times

Advertisements

Well, when I eventually move there, I'm definitely planning on using public transportation. If I live in the South Lake Union area as expected, then I'll be taking the South Lake Union Trolley to work if I have a job downtown. The job I'm interviewing for now gives us a free transit pass too, so I really hope I get it! I'm soooo sick of driving...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 01:09 PM

576 posts, read 1,819,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
I used to drive to work, but now it costs $20 per day in gas to do that, so I take the bus, and try to ignore the snoring, farting people all around me.
Snoring? Farting? Those are new ones. Don't get how anyone could sleep with people yakking on their cell phones, and the only foul odor I smell on the buses is BO.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:16 PM

522 posts, read 2,629,073 times
My hubby takes the bus from Eastgate to the King St Station for work. It takes him 6 mintes to get to the garage and about 10-15 on the bus. His job pays for his bus pass so that saves us some money. He has no problems on the bus, he just reads.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:48 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,602,810 times
I ride a Sound Transit bus from Redmond to downtown Seattle. I love it because I get an extra 40 minutes to sleep, and I don't have to deal with traffic, gas prices, or parking. I don't care if people are being loud, snoring, whatever...I sleep through it all.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 PM

658 posts, read 832,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post
Snoring? Farting? Those are new ones. Don't get how anyone could sleep with people yakking on their cell phones, and the only foul odor I smell on the buses is BO.
Guess you don't do alot of riding in the middle of 60 people crammed into a metal tube commuter bus with poor ventilation for two hours. Cannot comment on city buses, as ventilation would be better but not necessarily less crowded. At 5AM most people sleep and snore instead of *** on the cel phone, but alseep or awake, yes indeed they fart freely. Nothing new about snoring or farting when you sleep, regardless of the place.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
Guess you don't do alot of riding in the middle of 60 people crammed into a metal tube commuter bus with poor ventilation for two hours. Cannot comment on city buses, as ventilation would be better but not necessarily less crowded. At 5AM most people sleep and snore instead of *** on the cel phone, but alseep or awake, yes indeed they fart freely. Nothing new about snoring or farting when you sleep, regardless of the place.
Hmm, I guess I never really do ride the bus at hours like those. Usually people are at least somewhat awake at the times I ride the bus. I am aware that lots of people snore and you fart even more frequently in your sleep than you do while you're awake.

I don't know which is worse, snoring and farting or cellphone conversations and BO.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:08 AM

658 posts, read 832,705 times
Quote:
I don't know which is worse, snoring and farting or cellphone conversations and BO.
Have to be on the bus at 5:20AM to hit the desk by 7AM. I would choose the cel phones and snoring, if I had to choose two, but they're not asking.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,783,197 times
Quote:
Hmm, I guess I never really do ride the bus at hours like those. Usually people are at least somewhat awake at the times I ride the bus. I am aware that lots of people snore and you fart even more frequently in your sleep than you do while you're awake.

I bet these trains smell like roses and fresh dew:

YouTube - 'Pushers' pushing people on a crowded Japanese train

Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I bet these trains smell like roses and fresh dew:

YouTube - 'Pushers' pushing people on a crowded Japanese train
You all really don't take me for much. Everyone here seems to assume I don't know jack squat about Tokyo's people, weather, and other aspects. You compare Tokyo's rainy season to Seattle's summer and conclude that Tokyo has worse weather overall...

I'm aware that there are "pushers". I've actually been on the trains (how many of you can attest to that, other than allforcats?), and they smell much better than Seattle's buses, and people text instead of talking on cell phones. Not to mention, they come every 3-4 minutes, instead of every 15-30 minutes. People there stamp their feet and get mad if trains are even 1 minute late. People in Seattle accept that the buses will be 5, 10, or 15 minutes late.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,783,197 times
I'm not sure what part of my post indicated that you personally didn't know anything about Tokyo. I just thought it was an interesting youtoob. There was one from India that looked worse that I was going to post, but they didn't have the people in uniforms cramming people into cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area